Enclosure Cut Sheet?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Im at work so im limited to sites i can view and have been searching for a site that will allow me to get the cut outs for my enclosure. The RE site has theirs but requires me to as a slot/Lport which i dont need because im using aeros.

Is there a place that will let you type in your dimensions for a sealed box? I figured i could do just by looking at my dimensions but thats not the case(i figured out its not that easy lol)...

my dimensions are: 41.5-L(side to side) X 23-H(bottom to top) X 23.75-Deep(front to back)

Im not asking anyone to do this for me, just looking for sites that offer this. If you want to do it however, that is fine also lulz.

Thanks,

I went to the same RE site for the same intent (to build a sealed box). If you look closely, you will notice that only one side of the box is considered a "port". Some of the measurements are based on a double-walled build. Look at the specs of the box intuitively- if you have the "know how" to build your box, then you'll be able to see where the specs for your own box will be different. From my perspective, the RE tool was a great one. I haven't found anything better.

I went to the same RE site for the same intent (to build a sealed box). If you look closely, you will notice that only one side of the box is considered a "port". Some of the measurements are based on a double-walled build. Look at the specs of the box intuitively- if you have the "know how" to build your box, then you'll be able to see where the specs for your own box will be different. From my perspective, the RE tool was a great one. I haven't found anything better.
this is actually the first box i will have built by myself. usually i always have a bunch of help while trying to do all the research and what not but i chose to do as much as i can by myself and then ask questions on the stuff i dont understand. I know in this case torres works. I tried the RE one but it was confusing

I'm getting ready to build my first "on my own" box as well. Worst-case scenario.... I spend another $30 on a new sheet of MDF. Better than paying someone else $150 to do it for me!
i use birch lol. its a bit more expensive lol

I'm assuming that you mean "Baltic" (Russian) birch? I'm using that as well. 25-30% lighter, more durable, and sounds just as good (IMO). I paid about $100 for the wood to build mine (compared to $40 for 3/4 MDF). If you have the $$, I haven't found any legitimate cons to using BB. Regular birch? Not for a sub enclosure.

Oh, and BB is much cleaner to work with as well. Make sure that you get 18mm, not 12mm.
its birch ply wood I believe. its stronger then mdf, lighter, and cleaner. I have only used mdf 1 time, and its to messy with all the extra dust lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.