Enclosure advice for multiple subs...

Participant count
  • Participants list

Heathens

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have three Kicker L7s 10" subs and I am wanting to make an enclosure for them.

Plan:

*Each sub has it's own airspace, three separate air spaces within the enclosure.

*The two outer ones will be ported with the middle sub being sealed, or vice versa (following manufacturer's recommendations for volume).

Good? Bad?

Hi.

I'd read that ported will create greater volume, but sealed will have more "punch".

I'm greedy for volume so I was always drawn to ported, but I also have a preference for a "punch" sound, not a "drone", so I thought this might be a good way to get both.

Also, for the sake of not wasting another thread's space;

The Amp is stable down to 2 Ohm (KX-1600.1 with a certificate that reads 1,763wrms).

If I wire the sub to 8 Ohm each and wire them in parallel (8/3 = 2.6), I should get ~452wrms to each sub, right?

Despite the different power recommendations for Sealed vs ported, this 452wrms is still in the acceptable range according to kicker's website.

I'm just wondering if i'm completely overlooking something, or if there's a better idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.