Either ACC line or 12v switched!

Black Truck 10
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im installing my truckputer now. On my power supply, Im supposed to run 1 to the + battery, 1 to the - battery, 1 to the 12v switched so that when the ignition starts, the computer is told to power back up.

If im not mistakin but isnt that the remote turn on wire?

If it is the remote turn on wire, I have that split to 3 amps as of right now. Is it gonna be ok if I also do the same thing to add this wire?

basically, yes. the ACC wire tells the amp/computer that the car is on. so in theory if you run from the HU remote to the ACC in on the computer it should do the same thing.

Im installing my truckputer now. On my power supply, Im supposed to run 1 to the + battery, 1 to the - battery, 1 to the 12v switched so that when the ignition starts, the computer is told to power back up.
If im not mistakin but isnt that the remote turn on wire?

If it is the remote turn on wire, I have that split to 3 amps as of right now. Is it gonna be ok if I also do the same thing to add this wire?
12v switched means you should use your ign wire or if you have a switched acc wire you can use that.

Never use your remote for anything besides amps unless you add a relay.

Ok so it didnt work. I guess there isnt enough power to throw the switch so looks like im gonna need a relay! Anyone wanna spoon feed me what I need to put where?

I have a SPDT relay

12v switched means you should use your ign wire or if you have a switched acc wire you can use that.
Never use your remote for anything besides amps unless you add a relay.
Where could I potentially find my ign wire? I have a 2005 f150!

Radio 12v lt. green/purple + radio harness

Radio Ground black and black/lt. green - radio harness

Radio Ignition pink/black or lt. green/yellow + radio harness

Radio Illumination lt. blue/red (dimmer) + radio harness

Factory Amp Turn-on dk. green/purple + radio harness

Notes: This is the subwoofer amplifier turn on lead. The subwoofer and amp are in the driver side rear corner of the cabin. The subwoofer speaker wires are brown/orange (+), and red/black (-) at the radio harness.

Power Antenna N/A

LF Speaker +/- orange/lt. grn - lt. blue/wht +,- radio harness

RF Speaker +/- white/lt. grn - dk. green/org +,- radio harness

LR Speaker +/- gray/lt. blue - tan/yellow +,- radio harness

RR Speaker +/- orange/red - brown/pink +,- radio harness

Immobilizer Bypass Module: Required: Yes Type: SecuriLock Part #: 556S, 556U, or 555U

Notes: Standard on all models.

This I found so nervmind So 3rd line down im looking for the pink/black wire or lt. greed and yellow?

Where could I potentially find my ign wire? I have a 2005 f150!
Do you have any cig lighter plugs that turn on when you turn the key? You can run a wire to that. I assumed that if you are installing a pc, then you already upgraded the HU which it sounds like you didn't...

Your remote probably isn't working because its very low power and your pc probably needs a certain amount of power to be engergized.

Ive already had a Alpine CDA-7995 head unit in the truck.

I do have a cig lighter im not using since I put the headunit in its place, but im pretty sure its always on! Its a 2004 f150 so leme see what I can find out!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.