efficent 5k

dbjunior
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ma
looking into getting a 4-5k amp and want to get the most efficent amp possible looking at mmatts but the hd4000 is the biggest they have and it will be fun trying to get one of those its not listed on the product list. the amp will be run at 2 or .5 ohm

amp cant be rated more than 5k and limited to stock plus 1 800cuin batt so efficency is very important the hd4000 is rated at 79% at full power not 4ohm like most amps

the mmats is with out question the most efficient, but they are not easy to get a hold of, it took me quite a while to get mine.

and they will do more than rated power, i saw one bench test with a dummy 1 ohm load that resulted in 48xx at 13.8. i love mine, a lot of power in a very small package.

the mmats is with out question the most efficient, but they are not easy to get a hold of, it took me quite a while to get mine.
and they will do more than rated power, i saw one bench test with a dummy 1 ohm load that resulted in 48xx at 13.8. i love mine, a lot of power in a very small package.
just curious how much did the hd4k run you i know if you get it from them you need to be in the lanes so pm what it cost you and if you bought it new or used.

as for the sd5k just not a fan. id like to see a comparison between the mmatts and the d9/atomic 5k or another amp with that board. i know with a heavy electrical the 5ks will make more power but with a single batt in back it might not be much of a difference

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dbjunior

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
dbjunior
ma
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date