eD vs. profile

This must be your version of "ICIX".
Guess it follows the lines of "cul-de-sac", and in your lingo ... "Kodasac". /shameless Koda plug. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

Yeah, that post was the highlight of my day.

This must be your version of "ICIX".
Guess it follows the lines of "cul-de-sac", and in your lingo ... "Kodasac". /shameless Koda plug. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

awwwww..ur finally catching on!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

hehehahaha..

at least that's my story and i'm sticking to it... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

New to the site and a long time reader of all this eD shananigans. I'm a big supporter of smaller companies making stuff here in the US and thought eD would be the proper choice of subs. Then I called and tried to order some. Any in fact. They didn't have the metal required to make the baskets and had been preselling for 3 months even before I jumped on the bandwagon and tried to get a few. What a joke.
For any representative to stand behind eD in any way shape or form behind such a business fumble is just hilarious to me. You are fighting a losing battle against an army of people looking out for each other. They should post a "Coming Soon" and wait until the materials come to make the freaking product instead of taking people's money and ruining their reputation. Whether or not this guy Ben is a nice guy really isn't the question. The company he's with sells a non existant product. Vaporware for now.

I applaud everyone at Adire audio for their constant presence on the internet. It allows them to address issues in 'person' and really get a feel for how the market is responding to their products. I'll be buying a brahma from you guys next week. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Perhaps eD can take a hint and get more involved in addressing their issues. A little public relations is obviously needed and some realistic time estimates on their website.
Actually, things aren't as bad as it may seem. This "army" of people is more like 15-20 people tops that are posting repeatedly on a number of forums. eD does get bashed quite a bit on here, but we collectively have given up any hope of accomplishing much here. This is just one forum. Hell, even on here there were plenty that supported eD in those threads, but it's a simple fact that those who feel they have been burned are much more vocal than those who have had a positive experience.

Anyways, if you do have any questions, you can email me anytime and I'll give you the best answer I can.

Actually, things aren't as bad as it may seem. This "army" of people is more like 15-20 people tops that are posting repeatedly on a number of forums. eD does get bashed quite a bit on here, but we collectively have given up any hope of accomplishing much here. This is just one forum. Hell, even on here there were plenty that supported eD in those threads, but it's a simple fact that those who feel they have been burned are much more vocal than those who have had a positive experience.
Anyways, if you do have any questions, you can email me anytime and I'll give you the best answer I can.
I never doubted that there are only a few whom are really vocal. Those are not the consumers eD should worry about (because they obviously really don't anyway). It is the people whom lurk on these forums, the people doing research to buy a good set of subs, the people researching the smaller companies, the people who try and call eD to try and buy a set of subs (like myself).

Put simply, who cares whos supporting who. eD has been selling vaporware for months. Selling a product that is still a prototype, not built yet, or still in testing is bad business unless it is advertised as such. If eD had a note on their site explaining WHY these items are pre-order, perhaps their reputation would not suffer.

Its too late to repair the months of messages posted by frustrated would-be customers. Even if you don't see anyone bashing eD on these messages you see "I got sick of waiting, what other brand should I buy." These messages are spread all over every car audio forum.

Get a clue eD or stand up for your business practices and update your site. Even better yet, give me your ftp logon and I will post a simple message about the lack of materials in possession and the possible delay in ordering. eD's reputation suffers because of 5 minutes worth of work on a website. Smooth move. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

In this day and age, the internet forums have provided a global forum for people to voice their experiences, opinions, and knowledge. If eD cannot see the shitstorm brewing about their name the past months, then they just don't give a crap, or think they are 'above a few whiny internet nerds.'

Something else thats always cracked me up, is their inability to add their site to search engines properly. Take a look and see for yourself. I've had better luck finding a transexual donkey show in tijuana. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Oh, "we" care, believe me. I say we as I am a rep and it's not as if we don't discuss this stuff, but there is a limit to how much we can do. In this thread alone, 3-4 eD reps have posted, but our views on matters differ from other people's. I'm certainly not going to say "eD RULZ" and try to say everything eD has done was right, but I don't believe Ben is as evil as many seem to think on here. He's young, and has made some mistakes, but eD has taken care of customers.

As for the "shitstorm," it's not nearly as bad as you'd think. ICIX is a pretty partisan forum (of course), but it's not as if the people on there don't post on other forums. Most of the people who dislike Ben and eD all post consistently on this forum. There are literally thousands of happy eD customers out there you don't hear from. Check out ECA sometime. It's my "home" forum and has a lot of very knowledgable people, and there has been little to no bashing.

Honestly, I don't expect what little is left to die down until the new subs and amps are actually shipping and perform as we expect. If they do, this will all pretty much go away like it has in the past. If not, well, the result would be pretty obvious. I'm not being paid to be an eD rep (even though I potentially could make money by selling stuff), and if I think the products are subpar or Ben's ethics are flawed I'll drop it like a rock.

As for updating the site, it says "Call for Stock Status" below the prices, but I can easily see how that is misleading. However, as a greater majority of eD's customers are forum goers, I'd bet Ben expects that everyone pretty much knows what is going on.

BTW, eD wouldn't do preorders if people didn't want them. People can cancel anytime they want. If you pay by CC, you won't be charged until the item ships. Those paying via Paypal or MO can get a refund.

Warbleed posted:

You bastard Dan, you made that one extra stinky on purpose!
One Curt special, coming up! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Josh posted:

And what about the guys like me that recone those smelly things?

Do I get to hit you with a surcharge for pain and suffering?
With all the resins and glue fumes you've breathed over the last few years, I'm surprised you can still smell anything!

Steve posted:

Guess it follows the lines of "cul-de-sac", and in your lingo ... "Kodasac". /shameless Koda plug.
Steve, please! I'm a married man...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Chadillac posted:

Honestly, I don't expect what little is left to die down until the new subs and amps are actually shipping and perform as we expect. If they do, this will all pretty much go away like it has in the past.
Simple. Here's some words of advice from an old hand at business (20 years now)... Don't promise what you can't deliver.

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showpost.php?p=1394823&postcount=9

Don't do the preorder until you know you have a firm date. Missing it a week or two is acceptable to most of the public; 3 months is a bit extreme... We haven't done a preorder in quite a while (and we're the ones who intro'd the whole concept to the Internet audio community, in 1998) because we're unwilling to risk missing one with new product. Found it better just to release product when it's in stock... Leak info is fine, taking orders early is risky, so we do it rarely, only when we're confident it can happen on the given date.

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audio

Don't do the preorder until you know you have a firm date. Missing it a week or two is acceptable to most of the public; 3 months is a bit extreme... We haven't done a preorder in quite a while (and we're the ones who intro'd the whole concept to the Internet audio community, in 1998) because we're unwilling to risk missing one with new product. Found it better just to release product when it's in stock... Leak info is fine, taking orders early is risky, so we do it rarely, only when we're confident it can happen on the given date.

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audio
It's that kind of insane thinking that will sell speakers. Or perhaps it's good business sense. I dont' know, I'm not a business major. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/chicken.gif.218ea7401db50d5e31a7e0b37e05e21e.gif

Honestly, I don't expect what little is left to die down until the new subs and amps are actually shipping and perform as we expect. If they do, this will all pretty much go away like it has in the past. If not, well, the result would be pretty obvious. I'm not being paid to be an eD rep (even though I potentially could make money by selling stuff), and if I think the products are subpar or Ben's ethics are flawed I'll drop it like a rock.
You represent this company?

How can you put a price on something you dont even know how well it performs, or if it performs at all?

This paragraph emphasizes the use of the ack eduh.....

all i can say about the ed basing is that it may be true... but its pretty sad when a bunch of punk kids on here and other sites bash along when in reality they have not owned an ed product and just bash because they think it is cool.

It's that kind of insane thinking that will sell speakers. Or perhaps it's good business sense. I dont' know, I'm not a business major. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/chicken.gif.218ea7401db50d5e31a7e0b37e05e21e.gif
One doesn't have to be. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Just need common sense, something oft missing from the wonderful operations known as eDuh.

Even if they do ship their speakers, (sometime this decade) - they'll run out of stock and be backordered for another 6 months with another excuse... Provided they don't all fail the first time around like their normal track record.

They haven't been able to produce a speaker yet that has stood the test of time or gotten dropped in the process.

Oh, "we" care, believe me. I say we as I am a rep and it's not as if we don't discuss this stuff, but there is a limit to how much we can do. In this thread alone, 3-4 eD reps have posted, but our views on matters differ from other people's. I'm certainly not going to say "eD RULZ" and try to say everything eD has done was right, but I don't believe Ben is as evil as many seem to think on here. He's young, and has made some mistakes, but eD has taken care of customers.
As for the "shitstorm," it's not nearly as bad as you'd think. ICIX is a pretty partisan forum (of course), but it's not as if the people on there don't post on other forums. Most of the people who dislike Ben and eD all post consistently on this forum. There are literally thousands of happy eD customers out there you don't hear from. Check out ECA sometime. It's my "home" forum and has a lot of very knowledgable people, and there has been little to no bashing.

As for updating the site, it says "Call for Stock Status" below the prices, but I can easily see how that is misleading. However, as a greater majority of eD's customers are forum goers, I'd bet Ben expects that everyone pretty much knows what is going on.

BTW, eD wouldn't do preorders if people didn't want them. People can cancel anytime they want. If you pay by CC, you won't be charged until the item ships. Those paying via Paypal or MO can get a refund.

The reason you don't see bashing on ECA is because there's a lot of veterans on there. It's not a site you can just "browse." There's a lot of informed people on there who, if purchasing new products, will do the research beforehand and already have thier decision made before they post a question IMO. From my limited time on ECA, I rarely if ever see any posts about eD. Most users there are using equipment from a higher budget or product line.

Now I'm not going to do any bashing myself as I have had nothing but good luck with eD, but you have to admit, when your entire business is based on the net, the more positive feedback you have, the better.

People remember the negative more than they do the positive. One false move can totally kill business no many how many positives. Therefore, I would think it to be of the utmost importance that your company retains as good a reputation as possible.

I think many people would hold a higher opinion of Ben and eD if he would post his comments to all these accusations on the other forums instead of just staying behind the scenes at ICIX. I would venture to say you could surely bet if this were going on with one of the other companies most commonly associated to the internet, they would be on every forum they could backing themselves 100%, or doing whatever was necessary to maintain their good reputation.

Not to point any fingers, but do you think if something like this was going on with Adire, RE, IA, SI, or any of the likes, that you wouldn't see the respective owner/operators on the forums protecting themselves? I think so.

With that being said, if you want to go with eD, I think research will provide you with everything you need to know. You will have to wait, so if you want to buy be prepared to do so. This is clearly laid out.

Steve posted:

Guess it follows the lines of "cul-de-sac", and in your lingo ... "Kodasac". /shameless Koda plug.
Steve, please! I'm a married man...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audio

****..lol..i'm so well unknown steve gets credit for my line/misspelling....lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

that's ok...steve actually owns adire products...i was just making up an excuse for not knowing how to spell cul-de-sac....

and no, i don't eD products either..especially when a "partisan" forum like ICIX has quite a few members *****ing about their pre-order status...

like so many have said before, when eD realizes it has made business mistakes as well as a few personal ones, swallow their pride, and admit them,then and only then will the bashing stop.

oh yeah..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Kent, you have some work to do on that avitar and the sig.....

yeah,yeah...lmao

so sue me..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

a year ago, every forum i am a member of had a half a dozen eD related questions active at all times, tons of hype about the products, leading to members and lurkers buying. now i rarely see the name mentioned.

from what i have seen, ben has moved away into his own little eD forum that he created, but by directing people there, he has shot himself in the foot IMO. in essence, i would much rather have no private support forum for one simple reason: spreading the name of the company. if all your users go to your forum to ask questions, you just lost out on having your name mentioned other places where there will always be lurkers and newbies that know nothing of your company or your checkered past.

this forum has 16,000 members. SIN has about 7000 members. CAF has 30,000 members. ECA has about 55,000 members. ICIX has less than 800 members. i don't understand why anyone would make a move as dumb as pulling a majority of their publicity from established forums with those numbers, and redirecting it to a forum that is basically made up of existing customers. it seems like an internet company would want to encourge the spreading of its name online, as opposed to containing it in a hidden forum that has few members.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

The Lion 817

10+ year member
The Lion 817
Fort Worth, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from