ED K series

Participant count
  • Participant list

motoxstud
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Arizona
ok, my friend has an '83 camaro z28 and im suggesting he get 2 12" ED K series subs, what ohm and what amp would he need to push those.???? he wants it to bump like no other... price isnt that big of a deal, but try to stay reasonable

it depends on what ohm the subwoofer is if you have 2 4-ohm subs you can wire it parallel to make it a 2-ohm load. i would highly recommend a sub/mono block power amp. perhaps the mtx audio thunder81000D is really nice one.

he hasnt bought anything yet.... thats why we wanna know, i was thinking two 2 ohm subs wired in series, would give a 2 ohm load on the amp right?

Originally posted by stevert_2003 wired in a series two 2-ohm subs would make a 4-ohm load. which the amp i recommended will push easy. but i would go with 2 2 ohm subs it sounds louder
i meant two 4 ohm subs wired in parallel*

so what i said was right, right? what amp would u suggest? and also a good deck were looking to make a whole system from scratch

With two 4 ohm subs you can get: series/series = 16 ohm load. parallel/parallel = 1 ohm load, or series/parallel = 4 ohm load.

With two 2 ohm subs you can get: series/series: 8 ohm load. parallel/parallel = .5 ohm load. series/parallel = 2 ohm load.

Let me know if you need in-depth instructions on how to wire one of the above options.

but i would go with 2 2 ohm subs it sounds louder
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

nope you two 2 ohm subs would make a 2 ohm load wired in a series you asked but it would actually make a 4 ohm load. amp mtx audio thunder81000D head unit pioneer

deh-p9300

well my last sealed box didnt turn out too good, lol i dont think im ready to build a ported one yet, whats our options as far as 2 subs, with a sealed box???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.