Eclipse subs??????

i can vouch for the alum series- these things are clean as a .....ok, well theyre just really really clean sounding- and they hit too- ive only heard the 12's though- good **** IMO

-pat

the eclipse aluminum are good sounding speakers and the ti are better then the aluminum and they will sound way better then the hx2............. do you know the price on these subs? they can sometimes be a turn down but to me(some will disagree) they are worth it .........

I am willing to buy the eclipse.. I want to upgrade not just buy some subs around the same level... My Hx2 still work but I want to sell them while I still get something for them.. Do you know how the Eclipse compare to JL Audio W7???

well i would take ti over w7. i have heard both but i dont think the w7s were in a good enclosure (back yard job)so to me they werent as loud as the TIs i have heard. sq to me was about the same. to me they are close in all departments but i would have to say w7 is probably a better driver. just everyone wants a w7. but iam also an eclipse fan.

i bet a ti pro will get louder then a w7 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but holy **** they cost to much i dont know about the ti being louder then w7 but hey find someone rich enough to get same car build the right enclosure for them and right power and see what happens...............

JL is ovverrated, in my book its, "JL what"? Eclipse can smoke a JL, Look what MTX did to JL with the Thunder 9500...made JL have night sweats...

as for eclipse "beating out" JL...tis a matter of opinion...but i can tell that yo momma didnt teach you not beleive everything you read...lol

personally...i think it means something that a company's subwoofer has SEVEN (7) separate patents on ONE SUBWOOFER. I dont know of any companies that put as much money into their engineering dept. as JL does....im sure there are companies...but i dont know em....

-pat

JL is ovverrated, in my book its, "JL what"? Eclipse can smoke a JL, Look what MTX did to JL with the Thunder 9500...made JL have night sweats...

Ok the Thunder 9500 is a good sub...i'll give it that but it in no way made JL have night sweats. The 9500 dont hold a flame to the w7's

The Eclipese TI can get louder than a w7 without a doubt. I've played with them on a number of occations and I've yet to hear a w7 install that got louder. I've heard plenty sounding cleaner...but not louder.

Both the Al and Ti series are nice...and the TI Pros are overpriced but very potent.

ok here's the deal.

its quite funny how all the experts immediately strat to say - w7 is better than Ti, Ti can anihilate an HX2 and so on................its all in the install remember? box, wiring, amplification etc.

now all things being equal, for th emoney i would take the alums from eclipse. the ti's are good but cost way more and the pro's, even though they are excellent are not worth the $$$ jump to justify what youre getting.

i have owned 3 eclipse alum dvc's and quite frankly, aside from my d2 i have never heard anything better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

i was looking thru an audio magazine and they were showing an eclipse 18" sub. i loked at the specs and it said it had an RMS of 3,000 and i was like ****. Then i looked at the price......... $1,800 y would u buy a sub for that much thats just for one of them.. get about 3 RF HE subs 12" and they would hit twice as hard who the hell would buy this sub?????

If you do the install competently, the W7 will actually have more clean output than a Ti.

A Ti 15 has about 3L of linear displacement, vs 2.9L for the 12w7, and 4.4L for the 13w7, so no, the Ti won't get louder than an equivalent W7, provided you are giving both adequate power.

Just FYI, the cone area of a 13w7 and a Ti 15 is nearly identical, but the 13w7 has more linear displacement, and a more linear suspension.

The Ti's are great woofers, primarily if you want compact vented enclosures. They're really rather mediocre sealed, IMO (the 15 can do well enough at it, but I'd never seal the 12), whereas the W7 really needs larger enclosures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.