Which subwoofer would give U the best bang for your buck for $100-160, read....

Participant count
  • Participant list

bnbhoha
10+ year member

I have a 1997 Honda Civic. Because the name kept coming up, I purchased from thezeb:

-CDT-61as fronts $149.99

-Cl-6Xs rears $44

-US Acoustics USX 2100 300rms, 100x2 amp $99

Now I'm looking for a rear subwoofer, but I can't seem to get a consensus on this. I went to my local audio shop and found a nice enclosure. Its a box that has two big ports (holes) on each side of where the single 10 inch subwoofer is suppost to fit. They said they could cut out the hole to fit a 12 inch subwoofer because informed them that I didn't want to go any bigger than that particular box.

Question:

I'm looking to place one subwoofer in my trunk. I can get on ebay a JL 12W3v2 or 10w3v2. The 12 can be bought brand new for around $165 shipped. I really only want to spend $100 but may fork out a few more $$ if it would make a big difference in performance. If I decided to go w/ the 10 I can get it for around $120-130. If I do get the 12, will it sound good in this particular box that was orginally designed for a 10 inch speaker? Or should I stick with the 10 inch and how much of a difference would there be between a 10 inch and 12 inch subwoofer. I'm mainly looking for something that would sound good and complement my cdt-61a, once I get them installed.

In addtion, I heard shiva subwoofers are also good, do you folks have any other recommendations on good subs both 10 & 12 inch ones. Finally, what about an amp, I was thinking about purchasing the same amp I'm going to power my CDT-61a with, which is the US acousitics USX 2100 which is rated at 300rms, 100X2 @ 4ohms

Thank You!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.