Eclipse HU with cd changer questions.

lil azn 06
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi

I might get a CD8445 and get rid of my 9855, but i really wanted to get a cd changer as well. With the 9855 and an 634 cd changer i could just hook up the AI-net cables together and i would have full interface of my cd changer onto my headunit. With the Eclipse though, would i have this option with the Eclipse Cd changer 3083? Also that changer states it supports cd r and cd rw, but does it support mp3 cds?

The Eclipse CD3083 is connected to the CD8445 thur a Coaxial digital output (a.k.a E-Lan cable), this gives the head unit the full interface of the cd changer. The CD3083 does not play MP3 files, However it does play CD and CD-R/RW discs. You can also connect 2 cd changers to the head unit....

I've used both Alpine and Eclipse head units, and Eclipse are far superior in terms of sound. The Alpine has more options for tuning than the 8445, which features only simplified time alignment (based on seating position, tweeter position, rear speaker position and vehicle size), whereas the Alpine features full time alignment as well as 3-way mode. At least in the 9833 that I used that was the case, not sure about the newer models.

That being said, the CD8455 should have all the flexibility of the Alpine, with the added benefit of increased sound quality.

I've used both Alpine and Eclipse head units, and Eclipse are far superior in terms of sound. The Alpine has more options for tuning than the 8445, which features only simplified time alignment (based on seating position, tweeter position, rear speaker position and vehicle size), whereas the Alpine features full time alignment as well as 3-way mode. At least in the 9833 that I used that was the case, not sure about the newer models.
That being said, the CD8455 should have all the flexibility of the Alpine, with the added benefit of increased sound quality.
the alpine sounds better, but that is according to my ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.