eclipse headunits. 8053vscd5000

Participant count
  • Participant list

rebelfromva
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
VA
Currently have the 8053 and have a chance to get a cd5000 at a good price. From my understanding the cd5000 is able to play mp3 cds and hd radio and my 8053 is not able to do that. The cd5000 is in great shape and even believe the guy has the remote. Which would you guys run and any negatives about switching from the 8053 to the cd5000? I really don't take advantage of the active crossovers and eq of the 8053(prob should!).

Going with the Cd5000 will give you the things you mentioned, but you will loose the the manual time alignment function. The CD5000 has a simplified version that's based on car type & speaker location. So basically you will have preset values. As for the remote, it's pretty much useless on the later eclipse units as they are very slow to respond. Having said that, it is still a very nice SQ unit.

I remember the CD8053 when it first came out and immediately bought one...hated it.

While the SQ was great, it was the EQ, T/A, and X-overs that I thought were awful. Turn all that garbage off and it was a great HU. Flip them on and it never sounded right. At that time, Eclipse was way behind the ball when it came to processing despite their entry level HUs sounding better than other brands costing $100's more. I really wish someone would make a simple box that just did time alignment, then you can go analog for everything else if you wished. That's probably one of the easier processing things you can do, yet Eclipse really screwed it up with those early units.

I remember the CD8053 when it first came out and immediately bought one...hated it.

While the SQ was great, it was the EQ, T/A, and X-overs that I thought were awful. Turn all that garbage off and it was a great HU. Flip them on and it never sounded right. At that time, Eclipse was way behind the ball when it came to processing despite their entry level HUs sounding better than other brands costing $100's more. I really wish someone would make a simple box that just did time alignment, then you can go analog for everything else if you wished. That's probably one of the easier processing things you can do, yet Eclipse really screwed it up with those early units.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.