Eclipse CD8455 not recognizing security CD

And this is exactly why I wouldn't own an Eclipse unit.. Can't they just have a removable faceplate like everyone else?? I'm sure they have no idea how many sales they miss out on because of it.. I don't even consider Eclipse decks because of this, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.. We won't sell them at the shop because of this either because nobody buys them.. Everybody wants a removable face.. The ESN doesn't work.. The thief is going to take his chances that it's not activated, and I think it's a much better detterent if the faceplate is missing.. At least then they know what their in for.. If I owned one, I would never activate the ESN because of exactly what happened to you, not to deter theives.. Sorry to hear it.. Get an Alpine next time.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
This is the first time I have heard of ESN NOT recognizing the true key cd.

So if somebody has a detach face deck, and the faceplate breaks or gets lost/stolen, would those be reasons to NOT buy a detach face deck(btw, those happen WAY more often than ESN NOT recognizing a key cd).

Many thieves believe(and rightfully so) that even if a deck does not have a faceplate on it, the faceplate is nearby(glovebox, under a seat, etc). Keeping a low profile is much better than what type of security any deck has.

i would rather just deter thieves from the get go and not have them break in at all. chasing a thief down with a baseball bat is possibly going to get you shot these days. eclipse is getting cheap on their warrenties for 06. and 2 way alarms arent as effective as you would like to think.
tell that to my brother who got his premier radio stolen WITHOUT the face plate on( you do realize you can get replacement faceplates dont you?) .

as far as the bieng shot for going after someone with a baseball bat goes ill be ****ed if im going to stand by while someone destroys my property that i worked so **** hard to pay for. no alarm is super effective and no alarm will stop a pro if he wants your stuff.. period end of story.

First time ive ever personally heard about it. I know for a fact though if the key cd is off (considering you have more then 1 copy) by even a second on any of the tracks, its just not going to work.

Ive disconnected the battery many times, ESN has always recognized the key.

tell that to my brother who got his premier radio stolen WITHOUT the face plate on( you do realize you can get replacement faceplates dont you?) .as far as the bieng shot for going after someone with a baseball bat goes ill be ****ed if im going to stand by while someone destroys my property that i worked so **** hard to pay for. no alarm is super effective and no alarm will stop a pro if he wants your stuff.. period end of story.
there are lots of things that go into getting your stuff stolen, stupidity usually being number one on that list. but to a thief that doesn know a lot about what he is looking at, he will take the one with a face on it versus one that doesnt. its just common sense.

if someone is stealing your stuff and its possible that they are armed, i am not going to fight them over it unless i am armed and undetected. its not worth risking your life over a system. end of story. i wont die over money, or anything less than life itself.

there are lots of things that go into getting your stuff stolen, stupidity usually being number one on that list. but to a thief that doesn know a lot about what he is looking at, he will take the one with a face on it versus one that doesnt. its just common sense.
True.

There are many that go that extra mile though & do the whole stealth install thing. Works out quite well most times, but not if your car stands out (rims, HIDs, est.)

Then 3 months ago my uncles stock minivan got broken into. Everything inside was OEM and got stolen anyway. Along with the airbags. I guess with some situations, it just cant be helped. All you can do really is whats been said countless times over. Slow them down as much as possible.

if someone is stealing your stuff and its possible that they are armed, i am not going to fight them over it unless i am armed and undetected. its not worth risking your life over a system. end of story. i wont die over money, or anything less than life itself.
Most likey the case. Unless its a tweaker, then you just never know. Regardless im sure there is a whole bunch of legal BS that involved if you ever find yourself in that type of situation were you cant (or arnt) supposed to do anything until the cops show up. In which case you'll get the short end of the stick if you do. Unless they directly try to assault you, I doubt its going to be considered self defense.

Ive seen more thefts with detachs than Eclipse. Being that they were neighbors,parked close,etc whatever the situation may have been most of the Eclipses were left where the detachs were not.

Ive also replaced a hell of alot more detach face HUs due to the contacts going bad than Ive replaced Eclipse HUs.

Hey I know you...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.