Eclipse CD7100 or Kenwood KDC-X991?

Well, I have the x-990. To me the sq is fabulous. The X-991 I think has a better screen, but there should be no way you would be dissapointed in that deck. Not only is the tweeking ability great , it just looks damm good. I love my screen. I love my deck. No complaints!

Do they still use burr-browns like the XXV-01D did?
Actually, no.

For the '06 model year units (the higher-end eXcelons that even have 24-bit D/A converters) Kenwood ditched the use of the Burr-Brown DACs in favor of some Wolfsen DACs.

I haven't been able to give them a listen but allegedly they are better even than the B-B DACs.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I finally figured out how to set the eq's on my x990, man it sounds sooo much better. I love it, now I just have to figure out how to upload new videos to it. I'm tired of those **** motorcycles and whales going by. lol

Actually, no.For the '06 model year units (the higher-end eXcelons that even have 24-bit D/A converters) Kenwood ditched the use of the Burr-Brown DACs in favor of some Wolfsen DACs.

I haven't been able to give them a listen but allegedly they are better even than the B-B DACs.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Oh that's right.. I think my old XXV had wolfsons as well possibly.. I remember it did a great job with the CD signal. Wolfsons are excellent dacs.. Used in some high-end home A/V processors/receivers as well.. I guess Burr-Brown, Wolfson or Crystal are among the best. I had Crystal DACs in a cambridge audio receiver.. Awesome sound for such a reasonably priced A/V receiver.

Oh that's right.. I think my old XXV had wolfsons as well possibly.. I remember it did a great job with the CD signal. Wolfsons are excellent dacs.. Used in some high-end home A/V processors/receivers as well.. I guess Burr-Brown, Wolfson or Crystal are among the best. I had Crystal DACs in a cambridge audio receiver.. Awesome sound for such a reasonably priced A/V receiver.
Nope.

The XXV-01D still used the Burr-Brown DACs.

Use of the Wolfson DACs wasn't introduced until the '06 model year lineup and the XXV-01D was the top-dog (non-DVD) unit from '05.

to be honest, you probably won't hear much of a difference in "sq" unless you have an ear made of silk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

processing wise the eclipse hands down.

I have the cd5000 great headunit.
Preamp Voltage 5 volts

vs

Eclispe 8 volts...
So long as the rest of the gear installed is up to par there's not going to be any appreciable gain going from a 5v preout signal to an 8v signal.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.