Eclipse cd5030 gets hot!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lxcocos

CarAudio.com Newbie
Recently installed an eclipse cd5030 into my vehicle, after doing an auto time alignment and eq the volume is very low, and distorted. Even after factory reset it still sounds horrible and is quieter than before. The non fader channel (which is not connected as I'm running speakers off internal amp) seems to have a massive affect on the distortion.

Any suggestions?

Edit. Seems to be heat related. If I let it sit for a while it will play fine, but slowly the volume dies. The little fan at the back seems to not be running 🤔. This head unit is brand new, is there anything I can check by taking it apart? Anyone had a similar issue?

Last edited:
Recently installed an eclipse cd5030 into my vehicle, after doing an auto time alignment and eq the volume is very low, and distorted. Even after factory reset it still sounds horrible and is quieter than before. The non fader channel (which is not connected as I'm running speakers off internal amp) seems to have a massive affect on the distortion.

Any suggestions?

Edit. Seems to be heat related. If I let it sit for a while it will play fine, but slowly the volume dies. The little fan at the back seems to not be running 🤔. This head unit is brand new, is there anything I can check by taking it apart? Anyone had a similar issue?
I have had a cd5030 in my offroad rig for quite a while. I had an issue that started roughly a year ago where the audio would cut in and out (both the speakers and the sub output). I couldn't find any cause-effect when it would cut out. A few days ago I removed the deck and wiggled the wires at the back but it didn't have any effect. Then, I took the cover off the deck and removed the cd-drive. I disconnected and reconnected each harness/plug from the board to try to create solid connections (sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting wires is enough to clean off corrosion). I connected the deck to my vehicle with the cd-drive still removed, and it played just fine, then I reinstalled the cd-drive and cover and reinstalled the deck in the vehicle, and it continued to play fine.

I don't know what I did that solved the issue, but those were the steps I took. When I removed the deck from the dash, I noticed one side was quite a bit warmer than the other despite the lack of output. Like you, I noticed the fan wasn't running when I first removed it, but the fan was running after I reassembled and reinstalled it. I didn't have enough hands to check for voltage at the fan when it wasn't running. Maybe your deck just needs a little percussion-maintenance.

It's only been two days, but mine hasn't cut out once since.

If you decide to sell it, I'm interested.

Hope that helps.
- Joe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...