Eclipse CD-8445 or Alpine CDA-9855?

Deathwish238
10+ year member

TX
I'm looking at the Eclipse CD-8445 and the Alpine CDA-9855. I can get them both for a similar price so money is not an issue. Which should I get and why? I won't be doing an active setup anytime soon and will probably be powering my stock speakers for a good while.

I would definitely say the Eclipse. I love mine and would not dream of owning another brand of deck.
What makes you so attached to it? I've owned an Eclipse 3403 a few years back and I loved it. However I have also have had good experiences with a friend's Alpine.

Eclipse has higher Preout Voltages... at 8volts, which means you can turn down the gain's on your amps, if your running any. Alpine decks have very low preout voltages...like 2volts or something like that. Just another advantage of eclipse.

umm for passive i'd rather get the eclipse because my 8455 sounds awesome. also more bands on the PEQ compared to the 9855. if active, well the 8445 doesn't have 3 way capability so the 9855 would be my choice.

I have to say 8445 like everyone else. I took this forums advise and purchased it. Best deck I ever had. Gains had to be set lower than with previous headunits. Sound is amazing.

IMO, Eclipse makes the best sounding mass marketed decks available. I have owned clarion, pioneer, alpine, kenwood and 4 eclipses. I loved the eclipses the most and they were the best sounding decks I had owned until I picked up the 8250.

Eclipse has higher Preout Voltages... at 8volts, which means you can turn down the gain's on your amps, if your running any. Alpine decks have very low preout voltages...like 2volts or something like that. Just another advantage of eclipse.
i think it's 4v for the 9855

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.