Last Eclipse models compared to present Eclipse models

Participant count
  • Participant list
I saw that on ebay; great deal! Just wondering if any of the last years models would have the same features as the CD7000 or the Eclipse CD5000 has. If the changes were only asthetic I wouldn't care as long as all of the important stuff was still the same. I'm hoping to get a better price on last years model.

As far as I can tell, 8445 is last years equivalent of the 5000, and the 8455 is last years 7000 (although the 7000 has the OEL screen and 8455 doesn't). However, the 7000 actually has lower voltage preouts than the 8455 (5 vs. 8 I believe), not that that makes a huge difference. Otherwise all the important stuff is the same. I was looking at buying the 8445 recently until realizing it doesn't have a detachable face. You can get one on Ebay for around $250, or on Sonic Electronix for $300.

I'm looking for either an Eclipse CD-5000 or CD-7000 for a good price. Are there any Eclipse past models that are equivelant to these ?
Just a head's up to a fellow Minnesotan. I believe Ben at Transportation Electronics in Hopkins has a few 8445's for sale for $350. At least he did recently. Maybe give him a call to make sure. He would also be able to tell you the exact differences between the 05 and 06 decks. 952-933-7357

......and then some. I've spoken with Ben in the past and he is VERY informative. He helped me out with some Focal speakers. I also considered buying a Clarion DRZ9255 (better unit) but, still shopping it; I believe that one is out of my price range. I'll check with Ben but, I believe Ben will still charge alot more than ebay would. I know he sells both Eclipse and Clarion so I'll check it out. Thanks!

......and then some. I've spoken with Ben in the past and he is VERY informative. He helped me out with some Focal speakers. I also considered buying a Clarion DRZ9255 (better unit) but, still shopping it; I believe that one is out of my price range. I'll check with Ben but, I believe Ben will still charge alot more than ebay would. I know he sells both Eclipse and Clarion so I'll check it out. Thanks!
Yep...dude pretty much gives me a headache everytime I go in there. Smart, but pretty opinionated...which I like because he just tells it how it is!! So you know not to expect a deal, but I know another guy on here that did pick up an 8445 for $350. Yes they are less on ebay, but I don't know if you are the warranty type.

I know he can get a DRZ, but for $1300 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Once I get my **** together here and tuned to the best of my ability, I'm going to bring it to him for a listen. Should be interesting!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.