Eclipse 7200 vs. Kenwood X993

07ramjam
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ive narrowed down my choices to one of these 2 decks.I can get the Kenwood for 299.00 and the 7200 for 449.00.The 7200 seems like a really nice deck but a little out of the range I wanted to spend.However,it seems like Id be willing to go over budget on this one.

I like they both have blue tooth.Do you need a seperate add on for an Ipod with the 7200?Id like some feedback on these 2 HU's.

Thanks

Ive narrowed down my choices to one of these 2 decks.I can get the Kenwood for 299.00 and the 7200 for 449.00.The 7200 seems like a really nice deck but a little out of the range I wanted to spend.However,it seems like Id be willing to go over budget on this one.
I like they both have blue tooth.Do you need a seperate add on for an Ipod with the 7200?Id like some feedback on these 2 HU's.

Thanks
I really like my kenwood (lower model but not totally inferior) 791. The only negative i could possibly point out is that the screen isnt readable when in direct sunlight (but honestly how often is the sun directly on your head unit) and the fact that it is not capable of going active. From what I understand the 993 is extremely similar with a few added bells and whistles. If you think you would ever want to mess around with t/a and run active I would go with the 7200. In fact I'd like to get my hands on one (can probably be found for $350 or so around here if you're patient).

No direct experience with the 993 though.

good luck, youll be happy with either im sure but if active might be of interest to you, definitely go for the 7200

I dont think Ill be going active.Ive been kind of leaning towards the Kenwood for a little while now.After seeing the 7200 I wasnt sure,its a very nice HU.

alpine cda-9887 is more acceptable as a comparison to the kenwood...

I know the 9887 is very popular here but at 400.00 I dont think Im that interested.I mean Im not looking for something with a super pretty display but the Alpine just doesnt appeal to me.Id spend the extra 50.00 for the 7200 and get the BT.Just out of curiosity why would you say the Alpine is a better comparison to the Kenwood?

I want that 7200! astraubey has one for sale on here brand new! for i think around 400
Yeah its a real nice unit.A local store here is trying to get rid of some overstock they have of these so they're selling them for 450.00.They are authorized so you get the full 3 year warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.