Ebay seller shipped me a 80lb sub like a moron

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
So...I won this zv5 15 for pretty good deal after shipping and tax because the seller is in same state as me came out to $400 which is a pretty good deal for a zv5. However when I showed up I saw on my camera the way it was packed and immediately thought well **** there goes that...
So even my wife was like holy **** that looks like a bowling ball. The sub definitely got damaged but mainly cosmetic. The boot is all torn up, the magnet slugs to have some slight chipping and one of the terminal sides the plastic subdown tooled peice is cracked in half.

My question is, the seller accepted the return which means I have to cobbles this box back together and lug this heavy ass sub all the way to a ups distribution center not a store because it weighs too much. Or I could keep it as it seems as the damage is solely cosmetic. My problem with keeping it is the seller gets away with being a complete moron for packaging a heavy item like an idiot.
A little about the sell it appears they are either a consignment company or maybe a pawn shop not just a regular joe blow on ebay so they ship items every day.
20210213_123414.jpg
20210213_123833.jpg
20210213_123456.jpg
20210213_123822.jpg
20210213_123456.jpg

Attachments

• 20210214_174908.jpg
    20210214_174908.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 65
I second the brutal review. The thing is, if there was no damage to the product before shipping and that is what you purchased then you have a reasonable assumption that you will receive the product as it was listed. If they chose to package and ship the item in such a was as to easily and by looking at the pictures, obviously make it easily damaged then I would open a case with eBay. eBay may force them to refund and you may be able to keep the item for your troubles as well.

Brownie looks scrumdidlyumtious.

Grab a cheap ass 15, put a couple sundown stickers on it, smash a couple times with a hammer and send it back. If that's how they shipped the sub they dont have the intelligence even know the difference. Have your brownie and eat it too.

Been there done that.. I won't buy used from individuals anymore.. UPS picked up the subwoofers for me(100lb subs). I would return it though. Could have shifted the pole or motor. I wouldn't try and get one by on them though. Karma.

Last edited:
I'd return it at their shipping expense. That's all they can do to make it right. Deal didn't work out, you aren't out anything, and they don't make anything. They didn't intentionally damage it in shipping. Further destroying it is petty and pathetic.

I'd return it at their shipping expense. That's all they can do to make it right. Deal didn't work out, you aren't out anything, and they don't make anything. They didn't intentionally damage it in shipping. Further destroying it is petty and pathetic.
I'm not really going to do that...return shipping is already covered by seller but no way I'm using that box so I've got to go out and get a box for it and then lug the heavy ***** 20 miles to the ups depot
And they did intentionally damage it anyone with half a brain wouldn't of sent it out packed the way they had it so it was 100% their fault not ups for once

I also got fked on an amp I bought but ill be getting my money back and don't have to return it. Seller said it was tested working good condition....didn't happen to mention or show it didn't have fkn rca inputs and someone zip tied the thing together

Attachments

• 20210212_154742.jpg
    20210212_154742.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 93
I also got fked on an amp I bought but ill be getting my money back and don't have to return it. Seller said it was tested working good condition....didn't happen to mention or show it didn't have fkn rca inputs and someone zip tied the thing together
It worked at some point ... ebay is full of cons and scammers ...if the deal seems too good to be true ...it probably isn't....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.