Eagle Talon...

kickerlivinloud
10+ year member

Banning survivor
Hey what do you all think of this car??? I am looking into buying one. I don't know what year it is or anything yet (guy calling tonight so I will get back to you on it) but what is your general thoughts about this car??? I would appreceat ppl who have owned on or have driven one but all thoughts are welcome...

Thank guys....

Jon

If i could i would get one actually... my freind has one and i really do like it.... They are quick little suckers and they are easy to modify.... i.e body kit. They stop putting them on the market because they were "death traps" because there so small but fast....

I owned a 93 TSI. Very fast car, but lots of problems. Very cheap for a lot of HP, easy MODS etc.

I had a air intake and Busher Racing 3" catback with bypass. Threw a rod and didn't feel like throwing more money into the car.

Ok, I still haven't gotten a call from the guy but I stoped and looked at it better today... It is a 5 speed, 95 esi. I take it, it is a 4 cylender just by the size of the car but that is just a guess. It has 31,300 miles on it from what I could tell (doors were locked so I couldn't get in) The guy wants $3400 right now for it but I want to come down on the price a little if he will do it. The tires are not in very good condition, 3 of the 4 have low tread and are low on air (probably b/c it has been sitting there for a couple of months). Still no idea if it actuly runs and how well. Just giving you some info so you can help me.....

Jon

ESI is 4WD drive. That is a +++ as far as getting the power to the ground. It is a 4 banger but they haul.

Suggestions...

Go early in the morning (best if he doesn't get a chance to warm the car up)

Look for the idle to bounce... I always hated that about mine.

Look at the turbo for cracks etc.

The factory boost gauge in my 93 was crap and actually calculated the boost and didn't measure it.

Look for the idle to bounce... I always hated that about mine.Look at the turbo for cracks etc.

The factory boost gauge in my 93 was crap and actually calculated the boost and didn't measure it.
I have no clue what you are talking about..lol. I am a complete noob when you start talking turbos and stuff... all I know is that they make it go FAST!!!...lol. I'm still waiting for the guy to call me so I can talk to him about it... There are already a couple problems with it but they are all cosmetic. There is a chip out of the windsheld right in the way of the driver so I am assuming I am going to have to replace that... the tires have low tread. Now that I think of it... there is probably 130,000 miles on it not 30,000... idk. I will clear all this up when he calls....

Thanks a ton man for your help!!!!

Jon

hey buddy.....the esi is not a turbo model or 4x4...the tsi model comes with a turbo 4g63 engine and the option of awd....the esi is a 2.0 dohc with the 420a (aka neon) motor in it....its not terribly fast, but does happen to look pretty good....plenty of trunk space, but no room for back seat passengers....i have a 97 gs-t eclipse and i have loved every second of owning it....im sure you will love it and that "big system" you will be adding soon right?...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

hey buddy.....the esi is not a turbo model or 4x4...the tsi model comes with a turbo 4g63 engine and the option of awd....the esi is a 2.0 dohc with the 420a (aka neon) motor in it....its not terribly fast, but does happen to look pretty good....plenty of trunk space, but no room for back seat passengers....i have a 97 gs-t eclipse and i have loved every second of owning it....im sure you will love it and that "big system" you will be adding soon right?...
Hahahah Thanks Josh... The system is on the back burners if I get the car. Car will take most of my $$$ but the system will come in time... just more time then I thought..lol. I am still waiting for the guy to call me... it is bugging me to death.... I want to know more about the engine and stuff... Owell.... I hope I get it though....

Thanks for the help guys.....

Jon

hey buddy.....the esi is not a turbo model or 4x4...the tsi model comes with a turbo 4g63 engine and the option of awd....the esi is a 2.0 dohc with the 420a (aka neon) motor in it....its not terribly fast, but does happen to look pretty good....plenty of trunk space, but no room for back seat passengers....i have a 97 gs-t eclipse and i have loved every second of owning it....im sure you will love it and that "big system" you will be adding soon right?...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I stand corrected.. I try to forget that car.. Paid 5K in 96 and sold it in less that 2 years with no motor to a junkyard for a grand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

if the seller hasnt contacted you by 3 days then he is not someone you should buy from. those cars are small if you are over 6 ft. i detailed one and i hated it. so small!. but there fast if you up the hp.

Well I talked to some one yesterday (i take it his wife) and she said he would call last night, I wasn't home and my parents maynot have been in hte house to hear the phone so idk. If he dosen't call by tomorrow I will just use the other phone number I have, I take it, it is his cell but idk. I'm over 6 feet but unless it is very uncomfertable I will still possible get it. Heck I don't even know if it runs good or not, so idk....

P1000467.JPG

P1000468.JPG

P1000469.JPG

P1000470.JPG

P1000471.JPG

P1000650.JPG

P1000655.JPG

P1000663.JPG

P1000665.JPG

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I liked them enough to buy one ... and tune it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

Well those made me go find my pics. They are digital photos of a photo, and I couldn't find any really good ones.

6 10" JL Audio W0s (No back seat)

talon_sub.jpg

Not so good run

talon_lane.jpg

Probably spent more time here than driving the car.

talon_eng1.jpg

talon_eng2.jpg

Aren't they fun to just take out and drive ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kickerlivinloud

10+ year member
Banning survivor
kickerlivinloud
Finger Lakes, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date