E-bay buy gone bad

turpehar

I bought a used Lanzar Vibe 241. When it arrived I first looked it over. I noticed that both 15A fuses were blown. The unit appeared in good shape and I replaced the fuses. I connected it to proper power, ground, and turn on lead. Without connecting speaker(s) the unit began to warm up which is odd in itself. I connected it to a RF Punch 10 4ohm in a bandpass box. When power got to the sub, the pole piece fully extended and stayed there. It got noticably hotter, and within a few minutes was almost to hot to even touch. The amp was raised for air flow and was connected with 4 gauge wire and a fresh ground. I'm guessing this is bad? Can anyone tell me what could be wrong with the amp to extend the pole completly not to return until disconnected?

I guess you get what you pay for. Nothing replaces good quality equipment. Still using 10 year old Alpine MRV-1000 and MRV-400 together with RF Audiophile series subs and componenets. This setup has gone through 4 vehichles.

HT

Never buy AS IS.....
hmm, guess you'll never buy from me on there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. My stuff is always AS-IS, as with every other real auction I've ever heard of. My stuff always bring top dollar too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif. Just need to buy from trustworthy sellers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Who wants to have their item sent back because some tard hooked it up wrong. To each his own though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck OP //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Never buy AS IS.....
It wasn't an "As Is". I hoping the guy will make good without a dispute. The add even mentions a remote bass boost control which was not included. T

his was a birthday present for my 17 year old son and he is bummin. I hope the seller doesn't think I'm someone who's inexperienced at car audio. I've been doing this stuff for thiry years, and taught the trade to my first son and he became an installer at a few retail stores.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck OP //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I'm hoping the seller didn't know the fuses were blown when he pullled them, and turns out to be a man about it.

Thanks

Hey I am sorry to hear about that issue with your lanzar . I have to say on Lanzars behalf .. if you read a review I made long time ago you might consider a Vibe 268.

I had two old school XTR Orion 15" subs , and to this day after owning a mofo , a pair of Infinitys and now I own a brand new pair of P series 10" orions I still think about how those 15"s hit from that amp.

I get to see that amp still at least once a week when I am at my cousins. I sold it to him when I got rid of my 15"s ((bad decision, they hit way better than my mofo)) .

It has been well over a year and a half now, and I dont know how many times I go to his house at 2am late at night and him and my other cousins would have been driving around ALLL DAY LONG bumping out.. He buys new subs problably like once every 3-4months but he loves that amplifier. I owned it myself for about 6 months and one thing I can remember is playing jams early in the morning driving around annoying people drunk at 4am having bumped out full blast all day litterally non stop all day long and it never got warm. My ONLY single complaint about it was that it was like 2 1/2 ft long ! It was HUGE dude. It's banging the **** out of a JL W7 13. My cousin saved for the past two months and bought that **** sub new and has that same amplifier on it. IT POUNDS !!!! We argue who hits louder LOL .. but he doesnt understand anything really about ohms law etc.. and I have an Orion HCCA 250 borrowed from another family member.

So //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Anyhow .... enough talk.. I hope you get another Lanzar. So far I have had two people in my family with that same vibe 268 . My cousin Joey had bought one because he likes the one I had that my other cousin is using on that JL sub.. he wishes he never sold it because he spent 175$ on a Hifonics amplifier and it was a bad one , and he's having hell getting the ebay seller to take it back since he had it for about 4 months now. If he gets the refund he says he's going to get another Vibe 268.

Never buy AS IS.....
Found this out today! I knew I was getting an amp that needed work but not on that needed the screws to hold it together, the side plates, ect.......... I know now "AS IS" means bend over //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

turpehar

turpehar
Farmer City, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
sniper007