DYNAUDIO 240 MKII - Component guide

Yes, unfortunately, new series like UP6i are produced in China, but the old series like UP6i is produced in Sweden.
The problem is that I saw this used UP6i up close and it is not as clean as I thought, it is rotten and rusty.
Now I do not know whether to buy this new series that is made in China or not.
And yes, it's quite tasteful and totally subjective and unfortunately I can not hear the sound of a few components before buying and then buy, If so, it would be great and I could have made a much better choice much easier.
And yes, I'll probably have to buy different options and use them for a while and then sell and use another option to finally get what I really like.

the image dynamics sets are nice but it’s been a long time since I’ve heard them. I have no experience with the newer models. Same goes for dyn audio. Being that you have limited options makes this difficult. Online I have found the older DLS sets, it might be worth searching and seeing if any of them are willing to ship to your country.

the image dynamics sets are nice but it’s been a long time since I’ve heard them. I have no experience with the newer models. Same goes for dyn audio. Being that you have limited options makes this difficult. Online I have found the older DLS sets, it might be worth searching and seeing if any of them are willing to ship to your country.
Honestly, it is difficult and hassle to buy from foreign online stores.
I have to buy from the stores in my country and from the available options.
I also heard good compliments about Helix P62C or the 3-way model P63C.
And is it really not worth buying this new series DLS UPi6 that made in China? Is it very different from the old series UP6i that were made in Sweden?

Honestly, it is difficult and hassle to buy from foreign online stores.
I have to buy from the stores in my country and from the available options.
I also heard good compliments about Helix P62C or the 3-way model P63C.
And is it really not worth buying this new series DLS UPi6 that made in China? Is it very different from the old series UP6i that were made in Sweden?

ive never had the pleasure to hear the helix sets so can’t give any input on them. I haven’t heard the sets made in China to say if they are worse then the Sweden made versions. What I will say and this is just me, knowing that they are made in China I wouldn’t buy them simply due to the fact the mark up is insane. This is why many choose to get things built there cause they do it for next to nothing which translates into more profits. The quality also takes a hit as well.

It's not about speaker it's about how you set it up, you can buy a $1000 speaker with the wrong set up it will sound like shyt.
If i were you this is what i would do:
Head unit 80PRS
Amp Mosconi AS 100.4 or Arc Audio KS 300.4
DSP Helix DSP. 3
Speaker Steg or Audiofrog GS60 & GS10 run active.
Back in 07 i bought a set of DLS from local shop don't remembered the model but it cost $450, after 3 weeks of break in the speaker doesn't sound any better the shop let me trade in for JL XR, the XR sound better same price as DLS set.
DLS speaker sound boring.
I listen to a lot of Techno music ( Trance) i like sparkle high with detail, smooth mid with airy.
Don't buy just to have it you wasting your time and money.

It's not about speaker it's about how you set it up, you can buy a $1000 speaker with the wrong set up it will sound like shyt.
If i were you this is what i would do:
Head unit 80PRS
Amp Mosconi AS 100.4 or Arc Audio KS 300.4
DSP Helix DSP. 3
Speaker Steg or Audiofrog GS60 & GS10 run active.
Back in 07 i bought a set of DLS from local shop don't remembered the model but it cost $450, after 3 weeks of break in the speaker doesn't sound any better the shop let me trade in for JL XR, the XR sound better same price as DLS set.
DLS speaker sound boring.
I listen to a lot of Techno music ( Trance) i like sparkle high with detail, smooth mid with airy.
Don't buy just to have it you wasting your time and money.
Yes of course, you're right, it is important and I will definitely do all these things and I will buy other good parts besides the speaker.
But instead of 80PRS, I want to buy Alpine CDA-137EBT.
And I will probably buy Mosconi AS100.4 amplifier.
As for the component from the STEG, I think the lower category of STEG like MT650CII does not have a very good sound, I think the STEG ME650CII is very good, but its price is a bit expensive for me and out of my budget.
Honestly, I found used Focal ES 165K for about $330, which is very well priced and has a very high purchase value.
But there are many different opinions about Focal components and i guess that its sound is completely tasteful and depend on anyone's taste.
Many say that it is too bright that some people do not like it and some do.
I do not know if I like the sound of this Focal ES 165K and whether I like it or not.
And I do not know if it works well in Rock and EDM style.
Unfortunately, I can not listen to their sounds before buying and then buy.

ive never had the pleasure to hear the helix sets so can’t give any input on them. I haven’t heard the sets made in China to say if they are worse then the Sweden made versions. What I will say and this is just me, knowing that they are made in China I wouldn’t buy them simply due to the fact the mark up is insane. This is why many choose to get things built there cause they do it for next to nothing which translates into more profits. The quality also takes a hit as well.
Yes, I do not like to buy a new series that are made in China.
If I could find an old series made in Sweden, I would definitely buy it, but I have not found it in my country yet.
I heard from people who have and used both made in China and Sweden that made in Sweden is much better in every way.
And you can quite understand the difference between them and the fact that Sweden is better.
So,
Honestly, I found used Focal ES 165K for about $330, which is very well priced and has a very high purchase value with this price and it's made in France.
But earlier, you told me before that you do not like the sound of the Focal much and not your taste, and really this is entirely a matter of taste and totally subjective.
I am also afraid to buy this Focal ES 165K and not be happy with it and I do not know if it works well in Rock and EDM style.
But well, it's very very well priced and apart from the discussion of style of sound and taste and considering that the price of this Focal ES 165K is equal to the price of the DLS Ultimate UPi6 and both pairs are used, I think this Focal ES 165K is worth buying much higher and more towards to DLS UPi6.

Stay away from Alpine Focal and Hertz if you dont like bright and harsh, the older XS65 are good but it has strong mid range.
Audiofrog GS series are very good, if you run actice you dont need the crossover's.
The 80PRS are better than 137, the 80PRS has a nice graphics the 149bt are also nice.

Stay away from Alpine Focal and Hertz if you dont like bright and harsh, the older XS65 are good but it has strong mid range.
Audiofrog GS series are very good, if you run actice you dont need the crossover's.
The 80PRS are better than 137, the 80PRS has a nice graphics the 149bt are also nice.
Unfortunately, some brands like Audiofrog and Morel are not available in my country.
And in the case of the Pioneer HU like 80PRS, Piooner exaggerates the sound and does not have a natural and flat sound, and gives color to the sound. It has a artificial sound and it gives artificial excitement to the sound that many do not like, but the Alpine HU's sound is more natural and closer to the original sound.
As for the Alpine CDA-137EBT, it is from the CDA series, but the 149bt is from the CDE, and in general, the CDA is higher and better than the CDE series.
So, 137 is better than 149 or 164.

I ran the 80PRS and 149BT before i like the sounds of the Alpine but the 80PRS look nicer.
I thought you was talking about CDE-137bt.
I haven't use head unit in 10 years, my last head unit was Alpine double din.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...