DYNAUDIO 240 MKII - Component guide

Most people there that live in the US are not going to ship overseas. However there is a few overseas members there. Just make sure you put that in your thread that you live in Iran and must be able to ship there.

Agreed on RF yeah they are okay but like JL you overpay for what you get imho. I see you have an alpine that would work nicely but the Mosconi yeah will be the best out of all them and a nice pairing with the DEH-80PRS which is a Pioneer Stage 3 receiver and one of the better models to come out. Tbh many of us wish they would update it with today's tech & re-release it again.
Yes, Thank you.
I probably get Mosconi or Alpine.
But I'm really confused in choosing components and I don't know which model to choose between:
Alpine R-S65C.2
Alpine SPR-60C
Alpine SPX-177R
Image Dynamics XS-65
DLS Ultimate UPi6
Gladen ZERO 165
Helix P62C
Can you help me in this case?
And that I can spend more and buy 3-way component, but I really do not know if 3-way superior to 2-way or is it just a matter of taste?
If the 3-way is really better, I can buy a 3-way instead of a 2-way... In 3-way components, my choices are limited and only these two models are available
Helix P63C
Gladen SQX 165.3
And for now, I just want to get a component, maybe add a subwoofer later.
I do not like very bright and sharp sound, or cold and harsh.
and I do not need a very very loud sound, instead I want a perfect warm and depth accurate sound with a great sound quality, clarity and detailed.
I mostly listen to rock and electronics EDM.

Most people there that live in the US are not going to ship overseas. However there is a few overseas members there. Just make sure you put that in your thread that you live in Iran and must be able to ship there.

Agreed on RF yeah they are okay but like JL you overpay for what you get imho. I see you have an alpine that would work nicely but the Mosconi yeah will be the best out of all them and a nice pairing with the DEH-80PRS which is a Pioneer Stage 3 receiver and one of the better models to come out. Tbh many of us wish they would update it with today's tech & re-release it again.
I think JL VX are the best class d amps on the market, yes they are expensive.
I paid $1100 for the VX 1000.5 2 years ago and think they're worth it.
Going back to class ab and stand alone DSP.

Yes, Thank you.
I probably get Mosconi or Alpine.
But I'm really confused in choosing components and I don't know which model to choose between:
Alpine R-S65C.2
Alpine SPR-60C
Alpine SPX-177R
Image Dynamics XS-65
DLS Ultimate UPi6
Gladen ZERO 165
Helix P62C
Can you help me in this case?
And that I can spend more and buy 3-way component, but I really do not know if 3-way superior to 2-way or is it just a matter of taste?
If the 3-way is really better, I can buy a 3-way instead of a 2-way... In 3-way components, my choices are limited and only these two models are available
Helix P63C
Gladen SQX 165.3
And for now, I just want to get a component, maybe add a subwoofer later.
I do not like very bright and sharp sound, or cold and harsh.
and I do not need a very very loud sound, instead I want a perfect warm and depth accurate sound with a great sound quality, clarity and detailed.
I mostly listen to rock and electronics EDM.

out of those sets my choice would be the DLS Ultimate UPi6. Midbass wise they aren’t the best but are decent. While sound is subjective they have very nice detail with solid depth when properly installed for music like EDM. The tweeters are smooth being the furthest from harsh but still have a smooth sparkle to them. The crossovers are good quality and have a switch for the tweeter which you will definitely need. The set likes power and the midbass doesn’t come alive unless you run at least 100rms per side.

out of those sets my choice would be the DLS Ultimate UPi6. Midbass wise they aren’t the best but are decent. While sound is subjective they have very nice detail with solid depth when properly installed for music like EDM. The tweeters are smooth being the furthest from harsh but still have a smooth sparkle to them. The crossovers are good quality and have a switch for the tweeter which you will definitely need. The set likes power and the midbass doesn’t come alive unless you run at least 100rms per side.
(y)
I also think that among those options, I will like the DLS Ultimate UPi6 more than all of them.
I will run them with DLS CC2 Amplifier.

(y)
I also think that among those options, I will like the DLS Ultimate UPi6 more than all of them.
I will run them with DLS CC2 Amplifier.

170x2 rms would be perfect and is more than enough to make the midbass drivers come alive. Just make sure they are mounted solid in the doors and if possible sound deaden the doors first. From experience, in custom door panels sealed those mids are excellent! EDM, techno, anything with synths have excellent reproduction and the midbass improves.

Go for the 4 channel if you don't like the sound you have option to go active.
My new DSP is here..

Attachments

• 20211215_135931.jpg
    20211215_135931.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211215_140004.jpg
    20211215_140004.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
170x2 rms would be perfect and is more than enough to make the midbass drivers come alive. Just make sure they are mounted solid in the doors and if possible sound deaden the doors first. From experience, in custom door panels sealed those mids are excellent! EDM, techno, anything with synths have excellent reproduction and the midbass improves.
Sure.
Apart from electronics and EDM, I also listen to a lot of Rock music.
And what about the volume of DLS Ultimate UPi6 ? Isn't the volume of it very low? Is that enough?
And that before buying, I want to know if Alpine speakers models like Alpine R-S65C.2 or Alpine SPX-177R and Gladen Zero 165 have a sharp or harsh sound? In relation to the DLS Ultimate UPi6.
Because I really want a component that I can listen to for hours without being disturbed.
Few people tell me about Gladen that is not like that, and his sound may be a little annoying, and about Alpine, i heard the sound may be a little sharp.
Is that really so? Do you have experience?
And about 3-way...
I really do not know if 3-way superior to 2-way or is it just a matter of taste?!
If the 3-way is really better, I can buy a 3-way instead of a 2-way.
Or, I can just stick to the DLS Ultimate UPi6.

Sure.
Apart from electronics and EDM, I also listen to a lot of Rock music.
And what about the volume of DLS Ultimate UPi6 ? Isn't the volume of it very low? Is that enough?
And that before buying, I want to know if Alpine speakers models like Alpine R-S65C.2 or Alpine SPX-177R and Gladen Zero 165 have a sharp or harsh sound? In relation to the DLS Ultimate UPi6.
Because I really want a component that I can listen to for hours without being disturbed.
Few people tell me about Gladen that is not like that, and his sound may be a little annoying, and about Alpine, i heard the sound may be a little sharp.
Is that really so? Do you have experience?
And about 3-way...
I really do not know if 3-way superior to 2-way or is it just a matter of taste?!
If the 3-way is really better, I can buy a 3-way instead of a 2-way.
Or, I can just stick to the DLS Ultimate UPi6.

with the power you will have, they should be plenty loud. Of course we all have a different standard of what we consider loud so at the end of the day that along with sound with be purely subjective and will vary from listener to listener. The alpines aren’t on the same level as the DLS set IMO. The last time I was amazed by an alpine set was very long ago when they had the F1 line that the mids where based off the scan speak drivers. I’ve never heard of or had the chance to listen to a set of gladen components. Doing a quick look up of the set you mention the one thing that stood out to me is the xovers used in the set. The boards, caps, housing etc are all identical to the cross overs from a Chinese build house I know of which are cheap. That alone would personally make me stay away. A 3 way set is better than a 2 way set but only if you can properly install it. Depending on the car, location of the drivers is very important and in most vehicles will take custom work to get the ideal placement such as kick panels for example. A 2 way setup is a lot easier to install and will provide excellent performance. There is always better choices but if you are limited to the choices posted, the DLS set is a very nice quality, excellent sounding setup. I was a DLS dealer years ago and used everything they had and was always impressed with the offerings in their component line up.

with the power you will have, they should be plenty loud. Of course we all have a different standard of what we consider loud so at the end of the day that along with sound with be purely subjective and will vary from listener to listener. The alpines aren’t on the same level as the DLS set IMO. The last time I was amazed by an alpine set was very long ago when they had the F1 line that the mids where based off the scan speak drivers. I’ve never heard of or had the chance to listen to a set of gladen components. Doing a quick look up of the set you mention the one thing that stood out to me is the xovers used in the set. The boards, caps, housing etc are all identical to the cross overs from a Chinese build house I know of which are cheap. That alone would personally make me stay away. A 3 way set is better than a 2 way set but only if you can properly install it. Depending on the car, location of the drivers is very important and in most vehicles will take custom work to get the ideal placement such as kick panels for example. A 2 way setup is a lot easier to install and will provide excellent performance. There is always better choices but if you are limited to the choices posted, the DLS set is a very nice quality, excellent sounding setup. I was a DLS dealer years ago and used everything they had and was always impressed with the offerings in their component line up.
Nice (y)
Thanks mate.
So, I will get the DLS UPi6.
Since you were a DLS dealer, let me ask you another question about subwoofer.
Do you think DLS Nordica 10 is a good subwoofer for me?
And between CC2 and CC500, which one is better for the subwoofer?
My car is a Peugeot 206 hatchback.
I don't want very, very strong subwoofer and bass.
I want a SQ high quality, musical bass that responds quickly and exactly in tune with the music an be very accurate.
I really don't want a bass that ride on the music or the music lost in bass, you know.
I don't like very much bass, not vibrate. i guess i like punchy bass or kickbass.
A soft and balanced and decent bass that only compensates for the weakness of the components for not having a bass.
You know, i really don't like the sub to shake the car and its seats at all, I just want the subwoofer to make up for the lack of component bass.
And i need that to be completely high quality and musical and play the bass in sync with the music.
And of course, besides the DLS Nordica, I have other options, such as
Image Dynamics IDQ or some Rockford's subwoofers and many other.
But i think DLS Nordica is a great subwoofer.

Nice (y)
Thanks mate.
So, I will get the DLS UPi6.
Since you were a DLS dealer, let me ask you another question about subwoofer.
Do you think DLS Nordica 10 is a good subwoofer for me?
And between CC2 and CC500, which one is better for the subwoofer?
My car is a Peugeot 206 hatchback.
I don't want very, very strong subwoofer and bass.
I want a SQ high quality, musical bass that responds quickly and exactly in tune with the music an be very accurate.
I really don't want a bass that ride on the music or the music lost in bass, you know.
I don't like very much bass, not vibrate. i guess i like punchy bass or kickbass.
A soft and balanced and decent bass that only compensates for the weakness of the components for not having a bass.
You know, i really don't like the sub to shake the car and its seats at all, I just want the subwoofer to make up for the lack of component bass.
And i need that to be completely high quality and musical and play the bass in sync with the music.
And of course, besides the DLS Nordica, I have other options, such as
Image Dynamics IDQ or some Rockford's subwoofers and many other.
But i think DLS Nordica is a great subwoofer.

i was never impressed with the subwoofers and barely ever sold them. I did try them to see what they are about but that was it. If you have image dynamics available I would go with an IDQ 10 or 12. I personally would pick the 12 and would put it in a quality built sealed enclosure with an internal volume of 1.5-1.8 cubic feet. For the amp on the sub I would go with the DLS cci500. This will give you more power and it’s class D so it will be more efficient which is good for your stock electrical system. Just cause the amp has more power doesn’t mean you need to use it all. It can be simply adjusted to provide the amount of bass fill you desire.

i was never impressed with the subwoofers and barely ever sold them. I did try them to see what they are about but that was it. If you have image dynamics available I would go with an IDQ 10 or 12. I personally would pick the 12 and would put it in a quality built sealed enclosure with an internal volume of 1.5-1.8 cubic feet. For the amp on the sub I would go with the DLS cci500. This will give you more power and it’s class D so it will be more efficient which is good for your stock electrical system. Just cause the amp has more power doesn’t mean you need to use it all. It can be simply adjusted to provide the amount of bass fill you desire.
Since I do not want too much and strong bass, I was thinking of 8 or 10
Why 12?
Is the bass style different? Will it be more complete and better?

Since I do not want too much and strong bass, I was thinking of 8 or 10
Why 12?
Is the bass style different? Will it be more complete and better?

I personally prefer the extra low end output a 12 has. This is something you would have to hear for yourself in order to determine which size you like best. There is nothing wrong with going with a single 10 at all.

I personally prefer the extra low end output a 12 has. This is something you would have to hear for yourself in order to determine which size you like best. There is nothing wrong with going with a single 10 at all.
Thank you, you helped me a lot.
One last thing, I found a DLS Ultimate UP6i which is the older version of this component and many people says it's really better than UPi6 overall and has better quality and sound because it's made in Sweden but UPi6 is made in china.
Is that really so?
Because this UP6i that I found is used but also very clean with a good price.
If UP6i which made in Sweden is really better than UPi6, I will buy this UP6i that I found.
What do you think?
Do you know anything about this?

By the way, I forgot to say that i can buy Focal PS165F or FX and they're available too.
I guess they're better on midbass than DLS UPi6 but I'm afraid they may be to bright or sharp for me and not warm.

Last edited:
Thank you, you helped me a lot.
One last thing, I found a DLS Ultimate UP6i which is the older version of this component and many people says it's really better than UPi6 overall and has better quality and sound because it's made in Sweden but UPi6 is made in china.
Is that really so?
Because this UP6i that I found is used but also very clean with a good price.
If UP6i which made in Sweden is really better than UPi6, I will buy this UP6i that I found.
What do you think?
Do you know anything about this?

By the way, I forgot to say that i can buy Focal PS165F or FX and they're available too.
I guess they're better on midbass than DLS UPi6 but I'm afraid they may be to bright or sharp for me and not warm.

Im not aware of DLS having their high end lines now built in China. If that is the case I would absolutely go for the older model instead. While focal makes excellent quality sets, their sound isn’t for my tastes. Many are a fan of them but this is exactly why I will always say when it comes to quality sets of speakers it’s totally subjective. Install also plays a major role in performance as well. In car audio, anyone that is just starting out will almost always have to pay their tuition depending on how deep down the rabbit hole they goal. What is that tuition? Buying various sets over time and trying them out to see what exactly pleases you’re own ear! It can and will get expensive but for those of us who are on that journey of obtaining sonic bliss, it’s just the way it is lol.

Im not aware of DLS having their high end lines now built in China. If that is the case I would absolutely go for the older model instead. While focal makes excellent quality sets, their sound isn’t for my tastes. Many are a fan of them but this is exactly why I will always say when it comes to quality sets of speakers it’s totally subjective. Install also plays a major role in performance as well. In car audio, anyone that is just starting out will almost always have to pay their tuition depending on how deep down the rabbit hole they goal. What is that tuition? Buying various sets over time and trying them out to see what exactly pleases you’re own ear! It can and will get expensive but for those of us who are on that journey of obtaining sonic bliss, it’s just the way it is lol.
Yes, unfortunately, new series like UP6i are produced in China, but the old series like UP6i is produced in Sweden.
The problem is that I saw this used UP6i up close and it is not as clean as I thought, it is rotten and rusty.
Now I do not know whether to buy this new series that is made in China or not.
And yes, it's quite tasteful and totally subjective and unfortunately I can not hear the sound of a few components before buying and then buy, If so, it would be great and I could have made a much better choice much easier.
And yes, I'll probably have to buy different options and use them for a while and then sell and use another option to finally get what I really like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...