Dynamat alternative?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maky

Senior VIP Member
Bombay
Hello Everyone

I'm looking to apply sound deadening in my boot to get rid of the rattling issues I've started having past couple of weeks. It was not much earlier but as my Ultimo SC has broken in the rattling has noticeably increased and Its gotten to the point where I can't stand it, very intrusive in most music that is played now. I guess me having the Subwoofer fire rearwards didn't help...

I was planning on getting Dynamat. However, the local distributor for Dynamat has decided to almost double the price of it. I would like to know if there are alternatives out there that are just as good?. Also, If there isn't would a 'lesser' sound deadening brand suffice as it's being used in the boot and not in the doors for components where I presume top notch deadning would be needed.

Thanks.

You do not use sound deadening to get rid of rattling issues. You use CCF.
Oh so something like Dynamat won't help at all...

Do you have any brand recommendations for CCF?

CCF isn't really brand dependent...

Any CCF will work.

SDS sells it but you could also purchase from a foam supplier as well if you need a crap ton.

Just apply it where it's rattling and done.

CCF isn't really brand dependent...
Any CCF will work.

SDS sells it but you could also purchase from a foam supplier as well if you need a crap ton.

Just apply it where it's rattling and done.
Very little. It's just the plastic bit underneath the rear glass....maybe 2-2.5 Sq.Ft. at most I think.

Dynamat.com | Dynaliner Brand

i use Raamaudio products, their Ensolite includes an adhesive backing making installation easy. so you can see how i deaden and foam cars in my build log links in my sig.

RAAMaudio - Automotive sound deadening products

i use Raamaudio instead of Dynamat products. BXT II deadener is good for controlling metal panel resonance and Ensolite is good for controlling rattles when placed between surfaces.

I've also had to add fasteners to secure the rear deck down tighter (tighter than clips alone).

good call on the import fees.

foams are available overseas, the OP just needs to source local materials. even felt or fleece will isolate surfaces and reduce rattles when located properly.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I am having the same issue with the rear deck would I put the ccf in between the plastic and the metal or attach it to the metal In the trunk
the CCF or fabric needs to be between the two hard surfaces. simply put something soft between the hard things and you quench rattles.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.