Dynaduio at Woofersetc.com

got-one-eight
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I asked for some MD102's for my b-day and showed my g/f our local dealer (Bico Stereo).. being the penny pincher she is she found them on Woofersetc about 75$ cheaper and ordered from there *face palm*. Not that I have had problems with them in the past but I was more or less worried about getting fakes and warranty. They came in a box I am pretty sure is NOT a dynaudio box (no outside serial or part #s) The tweets look legit.. heavy but have the serial or some number removed and some other number put on top. I am assuming this is so Woofersetc doesn't get nailed for selling them. I am going to go ahead and run them but was wondering if I should be worried these are fakes? I will ohm them out when I get home to make sure atleast that part is good.

if they were fakes they probably would have provided you with a fake serial # instead of taking them out. Just be glad your gf actually bought you what you wanted. Let her save $75, she could've bought you something real shitty instead.

Put up pics of the items. But I am almost positive woofersetc sells legit stuff. They have tons of feedback and have been selling high end car audio stuff for a long time. I think I bought some subs from them a while back too...

I wouldnt worry about it, but thats me. Hit them up, if your worried.

I asked for some MD102's for my b-day and showed my g/f our local dealer (Bico Stereo).. being the penny pincher she is she found them on Woofersetc about 75$ cheaper and ordered from there *face palm*. Not that I have had problems with them in the past but I was more or less worried about getting fakes and warranty. They came in a box I am pretty sure is NOT a dynaudio box (no outside serial or part #s) The tweets look legit.. heavy but have the serial or some number removed and some other number put on top. I am assuming this is so Woofersetc doesn't get nailed for selling them. I am going to go ahead and run them but was wondering if I should be worried these are fakes? I will ohm them out when I get home to make sure atleast that part is good.
Not neccassarily fakes, woofersetc isn't an authorized dealer though. That's why the serial numbers are removed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for the input.. I have always supported my Mom and Pop shops to build a relationship with these ppl. All the good ones around me have shut down. I had purchased from Bico in the past and never had any issues with them or thier prices. Ahh well.. good point on buying me something ******. I could have come home to some Optimus or Sparkomatic tweeters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . On another note.. these things are freakin huge. They remind me of my Focal KRX2 tweeters in size and weight. I hooked one up in my trucking during lunch and right off I noticed they are WAY WAY smoother than my LPG tweets. Now I have to build some custom tweeter pods.. which I have never done. They fit perfectly inside of 2" PVC pipe. Wish I still had my Focal Pods.. I bet they would fit.

make your own pod with a 2" pvc pipe, there's a how-to thread about it on DIYMA i believe
Yeah, I got about a 2ft piece of 2" I picked up today with those intentions. My buddy got an apartment and keeps his tools at my place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . I will start digging for that link now. If you happen to know it please send me! Thx again for all the replys.

Well im a tard and jsut realized these are 8ohm lol.. That means my ARC won't be putting out as much power as I want. I guess at this point my only option is to locate some passive X-overs and bridge the amp. I would get 350x2 then to them. My LPG are 8ohm and got pretty loud off this amp but not sure if the MD102's will. I noticed right off they were not as loud at the same volume stting as the LPG... *shrug*..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.