Dumb tuning question about the Pioneer DEH-80prs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grounded

Just purchased the Pioneer DEH-80prs. I'll be running it in network mode for a 3-way system. (It will be a 2-way plus subs) Currently the system is using the passive crossovers from the amps. I'm new to this active crossover stuff, and I know there is a lot of debate.

The question is, what's the best way to go about tuning the DEH-80prs? Do you turn off all the crossovers on the amps and completely let the head unit handle all crossover duties? (I guess this would be full active) Or do you just leave the amps set?

I'm certainly not a pro when it comes to setting frequencies, slopes etc. My plan was to run the auto EQ and tweak from there.

The current system:

Diamond D971 driven by Zapco 1000.4 (tweeters using crossover off amp)

2 10" Diamond D6 driven by Zapco 1100.1

Thanks!

Nice amps. What models are those?

I'd just run active from the head unit, set the amps to full.

Um, i have the prs, but haven't used auto eq, so i can't tell you how to set it up. I've tuned everything manually so far.

thanks, they're the reference line, about 8 yrs old. Can you give me some benchmark crossover points? I'm just paranoid of going full and the prs damaging the speakers during the auto stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.