Alpine CDE-178BT OR Pioneer 80PRS?

vissor

Israel
hello guys,i am new on this forums.

my Clarion Z785 died few days ago,and i am looking to upgrade it to a new HU.

i cant decide between this two units:

1) Alpine CDE-178BT

2) Pioneer 80PRS?

the difference is 70$ for me,the Alpine is cheaper.

so does the pioneer worth it?

i have 1 mono block for my 10 inch hertz sub and one 400W 4 ext block for my component (morel tempo).

thanx!

sound quality on the alpine decks is great. full volume is distortion free. and plenty of tuning options available.

you cannot run active with the Alpine, but Pioneer's crossovers are terrible and shouldn't be used anyway.

As I said, I love it. I am slowly building a system and started with this head. I have a front channel only in now which is alpine something 410 4" in the dash, alpine spc 610c in the doors with a little 445U amp on them. So far, it is sounding good. I think I will put the exact same on the rear channel, then 2 12s.

The head is great. Good crossover system and 9 band eq. You can adjust what freq. is on each of the 9 bands and either compress or allow swell on that freq. independently on each band. the sub has its own sort of mini eq with adjustments and crossover. Lots of adjustments available in these heads.

All the gizmos worked easily too, blue tooth syncs well, phone book is in the head with caller id. place calls through the head without touching the phone. 4 colors to choose from, very intuitive operation. got the remote control for it which I recommend. I would recommend this head to anyone. I think I paid 160 for it.

i also have the alpine 147 and its nice but if you have the cash go to the 149 the 179 your asking about looks real nice but is that a usa headunit i cant find it for sale anywhere

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.