Dumb question, testing sub

Thats a newer model. Its just ok
Out of curiosity, what happened to their quality? Or is it their reputation that went downhill or both? I don't know their history, just knew they were good subs at one time.
Kr15 is right. That is the newer sub and most certainly isn't worth 140 bucks, his asking price. The much older RE subs, like what I had, has the 12 spoke basket. The newer ones have the ugly baskets now.

US Amps bought out RE if I remember correctly. This was some time ago. Ever since then, their quality has gone downhill. I remember everybody praising RE and were on the nuthugger bandwagon for quite some time.

That sub is worth 100 or so. A local had 2 12s on an sq 1200 and they honestly did pretty good..

But yes, the quality has been going down for many years

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Well HS...it does work. So, that's the basket of my RE SE series.

Kr15 is right. That is the newer sub and most certainly isn't worth 140 bucks, his asking price. The much older RE subs, like what I had, has the 12 spoke basket. The newer ones have the ugly baskets now.
US Amps bought out RE if I remember correctly. This was some time ago. Ever since then, their quality has gone downhill. I remember everybody praising RE and were on the nuthugger bandwagon for quite some time.
Yeah. I wasn't going to pay him $140 if his story about it being new (and working) I was thinking $100. I may wait a few weeks and see if he's desperate enough for $80. I doubt that, but I'm not really in a hurry.

As far as amp, I'm not real sure. Nothing crazy, it's a budget build going in my beater. I may be barking up the wrong tree with this sub. I'm going to start a new thread to try and get some help getting my thoughts together. The RE was just a different sub than the usual crap I see on cl.

not really other than pushing on cone to listen for scrubbing., many peeps use 9v batts to test but all u would hear is like a buzz which may not help..
9v won't make any buzzing noise lmao. I guess u never touched a 9v with a woofer leads. It just pops the woofer out or in alittle bit. People do this to test to see if woofers are out of phase.

yeah used to have better rep but thats true of lots of subs.. if he'll come off that price, man u can get, sundown E 12 bstock for $90 it's a new sub with maybe just some extra glue on it or something and it has 30 day warranty., u can get some pretty decent subs under $150 new
P3 svck ! E bstock is better forsure

not really other than pushing on cone to listen for scrubbing., many peeps use 9v batts to test but all u would hear is like a buzz which may not help..
How did I miss this wrongful info comment??

Pushing inward on a cone you will here scratching, not scrubbing, if it were blown.

I'm guessing you've never tested any sub with a battery...it should not make any noise, esp "buzzing". Any battery is suffice, not just 9 volt. I can check with a simple AA.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.