dumb question about rear vs sub RCAs

Ok, so my head unit has L/R RCAs for front/rear/sub. I have composite 6x9 set in the fronts with head unit HPF set at 125 and AMP set to all pass. i have new rears that arrived today that are 6.5" and have a frequency response of 35hz-400hz. I am wanting to use these rears to play the midbass from 80hz-125 or 160hz (havnt decided yet), to cover mid bass between my fronts and my sub which is set at 80hz LPF.

Here is my question:

For my new midbass rears, would i need to connect my RCA's from my sub amp pre-amp outputs or can i connect the RCAs from the head unit "rear speakers" RCAs? In a perfect world, I would set my rear speakers to off on the head unit so that all music other than sub bass and midbass would play through my fronts. If i connect them to my rear speaker RCAs, Im wondering if certain music will dedicate signal to the rears (and not the front speakers) which would be wasted if i have them band passed 80-125hz for midbass.

Thanks in advance for any oppinions/help

I would like to use the rear speaker RCAs from the head unit so that i can set HPF at 80hz and set the LPF on the rear speakers amp to 125hz. If i had to connect my rear speakers signal from the subwoofer amp pre-amp outs, i wouldnt be able to set the head unit HPF at 80hz since it would cancel out my subwoofer.

I would like to use the rear speaker RCAs from the head unit so that i can set HPF at 80hz and set the LPF on the rear speakers amp to 125hz. If i had to connect my rear speakers signal from the subwoofer amp pre-amp outs, i wouldnt be able to set the head unit HPF at 80hz since it would cancel out my subwoofer.
just set lp on sub at 125hz and don't waste time on rear speakers., many of us don't use them at all..

the reason most people would say not to use rear speakers, is because the sound from the front speakers would hit your ears before the rear speakers and the music would sound like crap. Setting my LPF on my sub at 125 does not produce a good midbass sound. I already have the midbass rears, and I would prefer to use them for my midbass frequency range. rears ARE feasible if used specifically for the midbass frequency range, that is a fact. I agree.. it is not necessary, but that is what i want for my sound system. All i want is the answer to my above question: does the head unit differentiate sending music specifically to the rears while NOT sending the same music frequencies to the fronts. I currently have my head unit set to (rear speakers off) so that all music intended to be played will be covered in the front speakers. Since i am planning to install midbass speakers in the rear (arrived today) if I connected the RCAs from the "Rear speakers" RCA connections on the head unit, none of the music above 400hz would be heard from these rears.

to simplify my question, are there any songs that will send music specifically to the rear spears and not the front speakers. I *know* that some songs play music from side to side (sound on the right side but not on the left for short periods, and vice versa), i am just not sure about front to back

Nobody here has rear midbass...again time wasted. but hey your $$ your speakers your problem. Don't listen to people on here....

I am not trying to make it sound like i know everything about what i am doing, that is the reason i came to this forum *to ask questions*. Honestly though, based on your responses in a separate thread, your knowledge seems to be lacking. Rather than trying to helpfully answer my original questions with facts or theories behind them, you have been dogging me on my setup. Midbass would be better in the front.. yes.. but it wont be that much worse having it 2 feet behind me in my truck access doors. if this was in a car near the back window, i agree that midbass there would be much worse. I guess i cant tell you that it isnt wasted time and money until I install them tomorrow and listen for myself, but for the future, can we just focus on the original question and not on irrelevant oppinions about my setup, unless such is going to cause harm or damage to my system, lol.

to simplify my question, are there any songs that will send music specifically to the rear spears and not the front speakers. I *know* that some songs play music from side to side (sound on the right side but not on the left for short periods, and vice versa), i am just not sure about front to back
Does anybody have the answer to this question? Please, no more opinions about my setup and how nobody uses rear speakers or how midbass should be in the front and not the rear.

Front and rear should have different crossover settings on the headunit if they are provided
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I know this, but that is not what i am asking. let me rephrase my question for better understanding. If I had my head unit crossovers and AMP crossovers set to ALL PASS, would there be any music that would fade front front to back in the middle of the song? I know that some songs fade between left and right side for a sound illusion, i just want to know if the same thing happens from front to back

Well mp3s and most music on radio are not encoded in 5.1 aka surround..

It's all made in mono or stereo so it can only go left to right or right to left.. not back and forth.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.