Dual vs. Skar

Not a fan of that guy's videos.......
it seems like that ryan guy is everywhere now ain't he? you tube face book even here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

There are a few people who hate on skar basded on bad business practices, but a few of their amps are good...they just choose not to support a company that way. Out of those two, Skar would be the overall winner. However, a popular 4 ch amp would be ppi 900.4
Pardon the thread necro, but can you elaborate on that? I've been looking in to Skar lately and I keep reading something about their company having "bad business practices" or whatever but no one really explains what that means.

Pardon the thread necro, but can you elaborate on that? I've been looking in to Skar lately and I keep reading something about their company having "bad business practices" or whatever but no one really explains what that means.
he was partners with dude at sundown they split he used the sub designs to start skar.. then he made a bet with someone about a comp and he lost and didn't wanta pay up etc peeps just don't like him.. stuff is ok for the $.. ain't ween u around in a while your sub doing good?

he was partners with dude at sundown they split he used the sub designs to start skar.. then he made a bet with someone about a comp and he lost and didn't wanta pay up etc peeps just don't like him.. stuff is ok for the $.. ain't ween u around in a while your sub doing good?
It was much more than that. Major sh*t storm about six years ago.

It was much more than that. Major sh*t storm about six years ago.
What's the story then?

Doing better than good, my man. I'm the one that wired the whole thing up and I still don't know entirely what it's capable of. I keep playing various Decaf and DJ SNT remixes and get surprised.

I was in the car 5 minutes ago and the bass hit so hard I could see my door panels compressing in and out...never seen that in person lol. It doesn't even have a high-roll surround or anything. It doesn't get hot when hitting that hard pushing 1.2k watts...very impressed. I bet if I actually adjusted the gains appropriate to whatever frequency the bass is at on various songs it would get stupid loud...

What's the story then?

Doing better than good, my man. I'm the one that wired the whole thing up and I still don't know entirely what it's capable of. I keep playing various Decaf and DJ SNT remixes and get surprised.

I was in the car 5 minutes ago and the bass hit so hard I could see my door panels compressing in and out...never seen that in person lol. It doesn't even have a high-roll surround or anything. It doesn't get hot when hitting that hard pushing 1.2k watts...very impressed. I bet if I actually adjusted the gains appropriate to whatever frequency the bass is at on various songs it would get stupid loud...
i'll pm u how to set gain with tone, at least u won't be clipping that way.. so u like that box huh? mines pretty loud no door flex though but i need 300-400 more watts after rise need to get to 1 ohm.. just did big 3 funny thing is seems louder but volts didn't go up..

i'll pm u how to set gain with tone, at least u won't be clipping that way.. so u like that box huh? mines pretty loud no door flex though but i need 300-400 more watts after rise need to get to 1 ohm.. just did big 3 funny thing is seems louder but volts didn't go up..
I set the gains using a voltmeter on a pure tone...too lazy to check it on all my songs lol. I doubt it's clipping, though. It gets **** loud near certain frequencies on certain songs and most of the time it doesn't get close to that volume, and never gets warm.

Anyway I PM'd you...hope all is going well these days. Last time we chatted you had a bunch of stuff going down.

What's the story then?

See post 25.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.