Dual Voice Coil Question

Sorry, I have a 2004 Toyota Matrix.  My entire system is factory.
I have only had the pleasure of changing out stock 6.5s in one thats about it.I didnt spend alot of time in it. Its the neighbors daughters vehicle, and she is still enjoying the Drop in Polk 6.5 DB speakers thus far.What are you wanting to do in there?What kind of sound system are you looking into ?Clean Clear? Loud and clean, or just Loud?What is your budget?One 10" decent subwoofer may surfice on the sub stage for you if box is built properly and enough power.What kind of room you willing to give up?Those seats fold down in the rear.You cant expect to get any real lows without giving up some space.Great HU is where it all starts for any tpe of system.decent Mids and highs and supply for the demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
this looks cool

DSC00833.jpg

I want a system that is clean and clear that I can crank up.  I listen to all types of music.  Today on my way to work, I was listening to Chris Stapleton, Five Finger Death Punch, Theory of a Deadman, Post Malone, etc.  I am looking the Pioneer DEH-S31BT CD Reciver with Bluetooth, mainly because it has the same color scheme as my dash gauges and I can pick up it up at Wal-Mart for $69.97.  I figure that I can replace the front & rear door speakers for between $30 to $50 per set, but can't decide if I want to go coaxial or component.  The sub & amp part, I would prefer to not spend an arm & a leg on.

I saw that picture Nauc and believe that is either a 6.5 or an 8 inch subwoofer.  That little gap in front of the sub enclosure is the lid to access the spare tire.  I've been leaning toward either an 8 in or 10 in single sub.  I figure that I can do something similar with fiberglass like either that one or this one.

The picture that I posted is a 12" sub, I don't need something that big.  If I get a chance this week, I'm going to go check a few local salvage yards and see if I can find a car like mine that has the subwoofer enclosure still in it. 

I want a system that is clean and clear that I can crank up.  I listen to all types of music.  Today on my way to work, I was listening to Chris Stapleton, Five Finger Death Punch, Theory of a Deadman, Post Malone, etc.  I am looking the Pioneer DEH-S31BT CD Reciver with Bluetooth, mainly because it has the same color scheme as my dash gauges and I can pick up it up at Wal-Mart for $69.97.  I figure that I can replace the front & rear door speakers for between $30 to $50 per set, but can't decide if I want to go coaxial or component.  The sub & amp part, I would prefer to not spend an arm & a leg on.
You really need to up the budget for speakers for meaningful improvement over stock. Also components will not happen for that price range. Cheapest coaxials I would run are the Morel Maximos.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.