Dual Voice Coil Question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

iSteven
10+ year member

I have a question that i cant really find around the internet, I want to know when you have a dual voice coil sub does that mean each voice coil is RMS Power is cut in half? Like if your buying a sub and its 600 Watt RMS Dual Voice Coil. Is each voice coil 300 RMS?

yes you can look at it that way. the main thing is rms of the sub which in your case is 600 watts, so you need an amp that will do at least 600 watts

yes you can look at it that way. the main thing is rms of the sub which in your case is 600 watts, so you need an amp that will do at least 600 watts
Thats what i was going to do, but im not to good at this. if i was using both voice coils then wouldnt it end up either going to 2 ohms parallel or 8 ohms series, could i hook up both coils and keep it at a 4 ohms?

Thats what i was going to do, but im not to good at this. if i was using both voice coils then wouldnt it end up either going to 2 ohms parallel or 8 ohms series, could i hook up both coils and keep it at a 4 ohms?
Dual 2 ohm sub = 1ohms parallel or 4 ohms series

Dual 4 ohm sub = 2ohms parallel or 8 ohms series

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.