Dual da1504d thoughts opinions good or bad

what are you powering with this amp?

Sorry it took so long to reply fell asleep last night, and been at work today. I am trying to power 4 massive ct2 tweeters at 4 Ohms each 80 Watts RMS each. and 4 prv 8mb450's 4 Ohms each 225 Watts RMS each. I need to do it with four channels of amplification. so 4 x 2 ohm channels, two of the four need to put out at least 500 watts and the other two need to put out at least 250 Watts so I could do one big 4 channel or to 2 channels

I believe the da series is korean. I wonder if they share a board with other amps.
Not sure I tried to find out last night but couldn't figure out if it was Korean or not there is a got shot on SMD Forum but I don't know how to link it or I would the gut shot did come up pretty easy with a Google search though

Actually the Pioneer amps are some of the ones that I am seriously looking at. The Dual was just for conversation mainly, but also a long shot of a possibility. Others that I'm considering are Orion xtr17004 or lancer Opti 250 x 4 still haven't truly decided if I want to do one big amp or two smaller ones, but I'm liking the mounting options I got with two smaller ones
crescendo 2000.4 keep it simple with one amp. two amps will be very cluttered.

C2000.4D - Crescendo Audio

crescendo 2000.4 keep it simple with one amp. two amps will be very cluttered.
C2000.4D - Crescendo Audio
That's the other big one that's on my list I could not think of it for nothing last night but it's the crescendo 2000.4, xtr17004 by Orion and the Lanzar Opti 250 x 4 but the Lancer and the Opti are AB class amps so they are huge the crescendo is a d class amp in a lot smaller footprint it cost a little more but I do think it would be worth it in the long run

[quote name='Jeffro83']That's the other big one that's on my list I could not think of it for nothing last night but it's the crescendo 2000.4, xtr17004 by Orion and the Lanzar Opti 250 x 4 but the Lancer and the Opti are AB class amps so they are huge the crescendo is a d class amp in a lot smaller footprint it cost a little more but I do think it would be worth it in the long run[/QUOTE]

there are some good optis and some bad optis @Hertz Mafia said there's two variations of the 250x4, one was quality built and one is a cheapo version.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']there are some good optis and some bad optis @Hertz Mafia said there's two variations of the 250x4, one was quality built and one is a cheapo version.[/QUOTE]

Man I have a old school made in the USA Opti 500 bx 2 that I really was thinking about using for my mids those amps are known to be about 30% underrated and it is a monster but it has literally no crossovers on the amp it has two sets of RCA input one for low range and one for full range a gain knob in a bass boost knob and that's it was actually hoping to ask you if since my head unit has their crossovers if you thought it would work another thing that worries me about that amp is that it is such a current hog I'm sure you know what I mean old school class a/b that puts out close to 1,500 Watts pulls some serious amperage

Man I have a old school made in the USA Opti 500 bx 2 that I really was thinking about using for my mids those amps are known to be about 30% underrated and it is a monster but it has literally no crossovers on the amp it has two sets of RCA input one for low range and one for full range a gain knob in a bass boost knob and that's it was actually hoping to ask you if since my head unit has their crossovers if you thought it would work another thing that worries me about that amp is that it is such a current hog I'm sure you know what I mean old school class a/b that puts out close to 1,500 Watts pulls some serious amperage
i guess u can run that with hp on hu but like you said it'll **** power.. u may be better off with a bigger 2-4 chan for mids and smaller amp for tweets..

That's the other big one that's on my list I could not think of it for nothing last night but it's the crescendo 2000.4, xtr17004 by Orion and the Lanzar Opti 250 x 4 but the Lancer and the Opti are AB class amps so they are huge the crescendo is a d class amp in a lot smaller footprint it cost a little more but I do think it would be worth it in the long run
I like my xtr 1700.4 better then my opti 250x4.... if it were me I’d buy the Orion 2500.4 xtr

I like my xtr 1700.4 better then my opti 250x4.... if it were me I’d buy the Orion 2500.4 xtr
I wish I could get the xtr17004 for the same price you did the price has went up on them extremely cheapest I can find it for is like 335ish and that's a no name site that I've never heard of normal price is like 435ish XTR 25004 is like 625ish the nendo 2000.4 is 499 you still think it's worth it at those prices

I wish I could get the xtr17004 for the same price you did the price has went up on them extremely cheapest I can find it for is like 335ish and that's a no name site that I've never heard of normal price is like 435ish XTR 25004 is like 625ish the nendo 2000.4 is 499 you still think it's worth it at those prices
Oh Shlt didn’t realize prices went up. That’s crazy. I should have a bought a 2500.4 when they were $369

For a bargain basement amp I have nothing against giving dual a try. Your 50% power vs ratings is probably realistic. Although, I'm not sure if a bargain basement amp really fits with what you're running.

My brother and I have a cheap old ski boat we've been rehabbing this off season and we've been discussing possible low cost sound upgrades. We're thinking we may end up with a rockville amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.