Dual da1504d thoughts opinions good or bad

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
So just bored at home playing around on the internet looking at amps and audio stuff like always and ran across this amp the ratings seem about twice as high as what I'm guessing it would produce but I could be way off here anyways for 108 bucks looks like it would make about the same power as the PPI Soundstream amps that people are having trouble getting now and I know some of the Dual amps did pretty good on the amp dyno this amp claims 250 x 4 at 4 Ohms 450 x 4 at 2 ohms and 900 x 2 at 4 Ohms in the manual it says it is 2 ohm stable while bridged but does not give a rating for it and it only has 80 amps of fusing and is close to the size of the nvx / Soundstream / PPI amps seems to me like the RMS ratings are two times what it would actually put out but even still at half the rated power would be a killer deal. I found a gut shot on SMD but don't know how to link it or I would in my unexperienced eyes looked okay though what do you guys think

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dual-Electronics-XPR84D-2-1-High-Performance-Power-MOSFET-Class-D-Car-Amplifier-with-1-000-Watts-of-Dynamic-Peak-Power/137888849
these models actually do rated power

the guy who commented calling them junk runs an amp that doesnt do rated power though... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I'd rather choose SS and the Rubicons I have now than some amp that inflates power ratings for quick sells. While I'm at it, the older 2500.1 Rubicons were the good ones, and had 2 fans inside. Later, the boards got changed....1 less fan, and pwr/grnd were together with remote on the side. Now, remote is in between the pwr/grnd.

I'd rather choose SS and the Rubicons I have now than some amp that inflates power ratings for quick sells. While I'm at it, the older 2500.1 Rubicons were the good ones, and had 2 fans inside. Later, the boards got changed....1 less fan, and pwr/grnd were together with remote on the side. Now, remote is in between the pwr/grnd.
some of their amps are fairly decent for someone on a budget though. although a better choice would be the pioneer gm-d8604

What's lame is while reading the worlds longest sentence, wondering if I could ever stop and then continue to the next sentence. No I actually have to break it down because someone who's entered adulthood thinks using a period is lame. Then don't read a book. Don't read a magazine or better yet anything online because punctuations are everywhere. Because if I didn't say anything about it, guarantee someone else would have.

some of their amps are fairly decent for someone on a budget though. although a better choice would be the pioneer gm-d8604
That's me...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif Someone on a budget...because I got kids, mortgage, bills, wife to support...you know, things that are fairly more important than car audio.

Actually the Pioneer amps are some of the ones that I am seriously looking at. The Dual was just for conversation mainly, but also a long shot of a possibility. Others that I'm considering are Orion xtr17004 or lancer Opti 250 x 4 still haven't truly decided if I want to do one big amp or two smaller ones, but I'm liking the mounting options I got with two smaller ones

Actually the Pioneer amps are some of the ones that I am seriously looking at. The Dual was just for conversation mainly, but also a long shot of a possibility. Others that I'm considering are Orion xtr17004 or lancer Opti 250 x 4 still haven't truly decided if I want to do one big amp or two smaller ones, but I'm liking the mounting options I got with two smaller ones
i'd stick with pioneer over lanzar or orion easily.

That's me...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif Someone on a budget...because I got kids, mortgage, bills, wife to support...you know, things that are fairly more important than car audio.
a sundown x15 is not a budget woofer! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

but yeah, i know what you mean!

a sundown x15 is not a budget woofer! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
but yeah, i know what you mean!
My subs I got for free. And you were talking about amps...on a budget, not subs.

So just bored at home playing around on the internet looking at amps and audio stuff like always and ran across this amp the ratings seem about twice as high as what I'm guessing it would produce but I could be way off here anyways for 108 bucks looks like it would make about the same power as the PPI Soundstream amps that people are having trouble getting now and I know some of the Dual amps did pretty good on the amp dyno this amp claims 250 x 4 at 4 Ohms 450 x 4 at 2 ohms and 900 x 2 at 4 Ohms in the manual it says it is 2 ohm stable while bridged but does not give a rating for it and it only has 80 amps of fusing and is close to the size of the nvx / Soundstream / PPI amps seems to me like the RMS ratings are two times what it would actually put out but even still at half the rated power would be a killer deal. I found a gut shot on SMD but don't know how to link it or I would in my unexperienced eyes looked okay though what do you guys think
yeah blank has tested some of these to do rated but for $128 u can get the 4 channel pioneer that tested like 130x2 @2ohm or the new sq 100x4 tested higher $149 (it's small i like that one)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.