Dual Audio ? Lets talk!

Tell ya what. I will start looking for a couple Dual amps here local. And I will bench them, then I will bench some other name brand amps I have, with matching "stated" rms output figures. Then I will post up the results for you to see ... How's that??

Then you know the answer for sure ... straight facts ....

Tell ya what. I will start looking for a couple Dual amps here local. And I will bench them, then I will bench some other name brand amps I have, with matching "stated" rms output figures. Then I will post up the results for you to see ... How's that??
Then you know the answer for sure ... straight facts ....
That don't work. You will have many butthurt people it's good for the money. At least that's how it normally works.

Yea, I figured that. I have an SSL 3000 watt amp on my bench right now. This monster is about 2' long and is heavy as snot ... It's actually bigger than a KAC 1023 ....

Guess what it makes, REALLY .....

200 x 2 @ 4ohms ... and it's rated to 500 x 2 @ 4ohms ....

280 x 2 @ 2ohms

600 x 1 @ 4ohms mono ... rated to do 1500 x 1 @ 4ohm mono .... but says elsewhere it is rated to 2100 rms .....

I could pull 680w out of it with just a bit of clipping at the very peak of the signal wave ... .

Yep you will get people telling you they slam.. It's 600 watts for $130 and they think that's a good deal. People still go crazy for Audiopipe even after they have proven to be trash. But it's 900 watts for $150. They don't care how they sound, how unreliable, ect

And thats nuts. You can buy a alpine mrp m500 used for less the $100 ....a RF 500.2 ..... a kenwood, a jbl gto series ...ect, ect ....you know what I mean, but yet most people just don't get it. You can show them, on the bench, and they still argue ... just happened to me last week actually ....

I agree with that. they are very misleading to the uninformed masses .....I run all my benches the same. input vdc within .1 volt on all tests, 40 hz 0db sine wave, up to a clipped wave, then back off until clean ....take readings on my fluke true rms meters ...

So all my results are relevant to one another

do you rep for duel ?? you must.

but anyway they are junk. i have a pair of 6.5 duel sitting here you want them ? 50 bucks shipped....

and no did not buy them, they were in a 78 blazer and kept the for some tunes in my work shop.

If it was 20 years ago and I had just got my driver's license and wanted to put some sounds in my ride, 2 things could have transpired.

1. Load up> multiple batteries, high power and big subs, brand names, loads of cash, only have the best of everything audio in my ride. Then I'd have used the gains as a volume level. Blow the amps and subs, and then watch from a short distance, as my new car burns and can smell the sweetness of the lead acid batteries as it permeates the air.

2. Learn something with cheap stuff.> Buy an electronics book from Radio Shack, and build my first bread board amplifier (only .75 watts BTW). Then buy $10 subs from a JC Whitney catalog and experiment with in different enclosures (with the cheapest scraps of wood too). And then let my new found appreciation for electronics blossom into respect and admiration for my new found friend, the electron. Over the years my confidence rises, and at a later point, I can finally be trusted with immaculately designed and engineered electronic equipment. Mufuckin Win.

You either buy audio equipment for attention, or for the appreciation for the physics and engineering involved in it's correct utilization. And the 15 year old asshole kid that threw $20,000 of money at a system with his parent's money, has no appreciation for audio, only an affliction with attention.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.