Dual Audio ? Lets talk!

Hellrazor1200

Wv
I sat on my phone yesterday while i was sick as hell doing nothing.... I do my everyday research an get an impulse to start researching cheap audio brands. Not cheap like pioneers cheap crap that they sell or sony or rockford fosgate(just kidding)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I started researching Dual Audio. My first 6x9's were Dual audio given to me by my cousin for free! Hey free is good right? They sounded like ***(i still have them btw). Anyway I got ob theyre website and looked at all there amps. I started in the lower cheaper series and looked at the features am specs... Holy crap i was seeing things like 2x60 or 120x4 and 160x4@2 ohms. I couldnt find the word rms though:/ so i googled the amps and sure enough those were rms rating. This company doesnt really list PEAK RATINGS! Than i went through the rest of the amps and the pro series they have look impressive! Like 2100 watt rms @ 2 ohm and such . Like they acually dont care about peak ratings but on the amp itself it has the peak rating printed on it. Interesting though the way they calculate the peak rating is by adding each channels output at 2 ohm. For example there 2 channel amp rated 80@2 ohm they will wright 160 max on the amp? Ive never seen that (or at least payed attention). The prices on there website though are what seems to be what youd pay for a "1000" watt amp but on amazon and other third party dealers the prices are wayyyyy cheaper and i mean 180$ for like 3000watt rms ? Also they dont seem to offer much in terms of subs. They have about 4 or 5 different ones and one of them is a 30 dollar walmart sub which i myself have inspected( at walmart for the hell of it lol) the basket feels good. The tinsel lead are twice as thick as any other sub ive seen? The cone is rigid. The magent is a decent 30dollar magnet and the surround is the usaul rubber. As a whole its about 5-7 pounds i think. And it gets ok reviews online. The other subs i havent researched or were able to examine. The amps have limited reviews and such. There speakers i didnt research at all. But i will say this.. I love their head units. Theyre cheap and they do what every other head unit does. Blutooth, aux,usb,pandora,cd. And as ive seen theyre easy to use in terms of setting eq and such. At 50$ a deck like coomon screw the complicated sony i just got my gf. She cant use a 7band eq!!! She just puts the eq on xplod lmfao!!!' You pay more money for a brand name like alpine instead of dual( i now have alpine) is that whts its all about brand names? ( for decks that is) but also amps and subs? It is 2015 these days are cheap brands like Dual actually making decent products that no one is giving them credit for? Or are they still the junk they were before 2013? Lemme hear your own personal Dual audio expirience!

Theyre fake rms numbers. In this industry theres no laws or rules stating what you can and cant put as your amplifiers specifications. I can build an amplifier in my garage and make it put out 20x4 but i can put 300x4 and sell it for $200 and get away with it. So that being said. Dual is just another pyle/boss/pyramid... You get the point

But what about your experince using it? And also considering they list more rms rating than most cheap brands! Some cheap brands i cant even find the rms ratings even on a google search! Unless theyre using rms watts to market lmao?

still complete garbage back then and now. There's more to a head unit than a brand name. Components and Digita audio convertors and a proper powerful signal are things that a dual head unit does not provide. Subs speakers and amps... same crap as boss.

But what about your experince using it? And also considering they list more rms rating than most cheap brands! Some cheap brands i cant even find the rms ratings even on a google search! Unless theyre using rms watts to market lmao?
specs dont mean jack nowadays, its all about build quality. Whatever alibaba special junk they can pick up and resale to the ignorant masses is just mass profits. A big looking motor is not necessarily a strong one. Bloated rms numbers junk companies are a dime a dozen out there. Dual is no exception.

Only place I've ever seen them for sale is at Pep Boys. Nuff said........

Look theres 2 type of people in this world those that know and those that think they know. People who are impressed with these cheap brands are the ones that think they know but in realoty are completely ignorant to the subject of the matter. Someone who knows will distinguish the good from the garbage. My experience with dual? It was whatever back when i first heard it at 14 in my froends car and i mever heard a real system before and i was completely ignorant and though distorted noise was bass. But now that i know what bass is supposed to sound like ima tell you take the door stop out of your car please.

all the dual setups at frys, walmart and best buy are laughable at best. 60 dollars get you a much better kenwood excelon el cheapo sub that actually sounds decent and beats two dual subs in output and sound quality easily. Head unit is the core of your system 120 dollars get you a clarion cz702 which has all modern head unit funtions along with most major audiophile functions, parametric EQ, time alignment, 5 volt preouts and since its over $120 on crutchfield or sonicelectronix, you get a FREE dash kit and wiring harness... vs a cheap 70 dollar head unit where you still have to buy a dash kit for around 30 more dollars and the head unit is garbage. There is a MAJOR difference in sound when it comes to internal DACs. As for their amps, you are better off buying something proven and reliable used off craigslist.

Ill give it up to them though that plexiglass LED dual enclosure they sell sure is eye catching and has major popularity down in tj they got us mexicans good with that one!

Ill give it up to them though that plexiglass LED dual enclosure they sell sure is eye catching and has major popularity down in tj they got us mexicans good with that one!
lol, so when are you going to update you equipment list he he, I have some bad *** planet audio 5.25's coax. that should keep up with your high spl dual duals

For real one of these days im gonna do a complete Dual build like front to back 8 subs all component stuff and i should be able to do it for like 150$ ? and when im done ill return it all to walmart because theyll take anything back ?

Dual P 53 record player with 1210 turntable

Dual (pronounced do-AHL) is a brand name of audio and video electronics.

HistoryEdit

In 1907, brothers Christian and Joseph Steidinger began manufacturing clockwork and gramophone parts in the Black Forest town of St. Georgen. In 1927, Gebrüder Steidinger (Steidinger Bros.) adopted the name Dual in reference to the dual-mode power supplies it pioneered. The power supplies allowed gramophones to be powered from mains electricity or with a wind-up mechanism. Soon thereafter, Dual began producing turntables of its own.[1]

After World War II, Dual became the biggest manufacturer of turntables in Europe, with more than 3,000 employees working in several factories. Throughout the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, Dual introduced audio cassette players, VCRs, CD players, and other consumer electronics.

But when Japanese consumer electronics started entering European markets in the 1970s on a large scale, Dual as most other traditional German manufacturers underwent a big crisis: Japanese products usually offered more features at a cheaper price in a much more modern package. Dual went bankrupt in 1982, and was sold to French electronic manufacturer Thomson SA. In 1988, Thomson sold Dual to German manufacturer Schneider Rundfunkwerke AG.[2]

In 1993/4, Dual was finally split off into

Dual Phono GmbH, i.e. the Dual line of turntables, which were acquired by the German company Alfred Fehrenbacher GmbH, which has continued to produce them in the Black Forest town of St. Georgen.[3] Dual turntables Made in Germany are manufactured on the same traditional product line. They are easily to identify with the manufacturing code beginning with CS xxx.[4]

Dual DGC GmbH (Germany) sells mostly rebranded consumer electronics made in Far East, including turntables (production code DT xxx). DGC products are exclusively sold in Europe.[5]

For the American market, after the insolvency of Schneider Rundfunkwerke AG in 2001, TCL Holdings, a Chinese company, purchased the Dual assets and brand, and it began marketing its own products under the name. In 2002, Namsung Electronics, a Korean-American company, bought the rights to use the name in the Americas and began selling lower-priced (but generally well-reviewed) consumer electronics under the Dual marque. The main product lines are home audio, mobile audio, and marine audio.

Who would have known....

Dual is pretty much like jensen . Only dual divided....yes there are dual duals out there. Ones a high end turn table company in getmany and ones an asian mass market car stereo company. Jensen used to mKe Awesome speakers for cabs nowadays they dont. Moral of the story... Divide and conquer!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.