4 6.5" Midbass each i think 100 watts

2 Horns

Pioneer Avic-N1

2-4 LCD Screens

Dvd Changer

PS2

PC - maybe

And i think i had more.

I just figure instead of replacing the one i already had, if it's not too much of a hassel to add the one i'm getting, wouldn't it be worth it, the extra amperage?

mmmm.... not yet

If u ever seen the factory wiring on the GM trucks, doesn't look like i'll be upgrading anytime soon.

You think that would fix it?

I have a 140 amp alternator in the ford, mind you I dont have tons of power in my stereo, but I have dual batteries, a winch and usually a camper on it, but with all the accesories on and the camper I always have more then enough power, and I have the two batteries isolated from each other so with the key off my Stereo, winch and camper only run off the one battery so if I kill it the other one still starts the truck

mmmm.... not yet
If u ever seen the factory wiring on the GM trucks, doesn't look like i'll be upgrading anytime soon.

You think that would fix it?
Upgrade the big 3, see if that makes any difference. You always want to start off small, another words on things that cost the least. If that doesn't help any then we can begin to assess your system and determine what size alt you will need.

GM uses 10ga for the 104a alt,thats totally the wrong size.

Ditch those crappy GM terminals and get normal ones.

doing the big 3 will make the difference.

Alright i'm going to look into it.

It's just that with the Tahoe 04, it doesn't look like a big 3, more like the big 3 divide into little 6. SO many freaking wires going from the batt, 2 each from - and +. They go to the alt, some go to the secondary jumper post and so on.

Has any1 done this? Gonna ask my boys at the Chevy forum, see if any1 done this.

what forum ?, i was gonna join one.just replace the big 3, not the little 6.

the jumper wire dosent need to be replaced.
Ooo ok, i will when i get my Optima Yellow top.

The forum i was talkin about was

fullsizechevy.com

Z71Tahoes.com

mct.truckmoxie.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.