dual alternator ??'s

thas cool man, im sending out the money for the 16 v alt tommorrow when i get it in ill have a better idea of where it will fit.

I'm just waiting on the bracket from my old man i took out the power steering pump and fabed a plate on to it to hold the alt thats not the problem i think the computer regulates the alt to no more than 60 amps I'm using a 99 gm alt the other problem is wiring how do you excite the alt i should have the bracket my the end of the week ill post my progres if you would like

another question when i get the alt installed do i need to have a 16 volt battery under the hood or just multiple runs of 1/0 to the back battery bank

just as a fyi since i ran this ***** into the wall before a 16v battery needs to be charged higher then 16v. now i dont know what your batterys are but my kinetiks are supposed to be charged at 18.8-19.2 according to kinetik. and ive been thru hell finding a capable amp to do that. also to answer the question on the batteries. i only have them in the back and it works just fine

i drive a black 95 integra, ive not made it to any roanoke shows since there on saturdays and i work saturdays, been to all the statesville, nc shows tho, yea my amp will operate at up to 18 volts a soundstream xxx 10000d, the alternator im getting is adjustable just dont know how high it will charge, think the guy im getting it from just had it charging at 16.5 i belive for a 12 volt system, but pretty sure i can get 18-19 volts out im hoping.

dunno man, lol ive currently got everything outta my car man found a leak in the back of the hatch, got it fixed but i got everything out so the piece of mdf on the floor of the hatch can dry, freaking rain, lol, is it next thursday or today man, and who is this, lol

theres a guy in a lil black s10 a buddy of mine he has two orion hcca 12.2s and two a3000db amps, hes got em in pauls old box, prolly be pretty loud if he goes. but i unno if he will or not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.