dual alternator ??'s

jmkanek
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Wise, VA
i have a 1995 acura integra ls, and im planning on running a dual alternator setup, gonna pick up a 200amp 16 volt alternator just to run my sub amp, and i was wondering if anyone has put dual alts on an integra or if any one has any tips or anything to puttin dual alts on a integra.

come on guys i really need some input on this, if anyone has ever done this or seen under the hood of an integra let me know in your opinion, where the best place to try to put a second alternator would be. thanks

appreciate it man, yea ive searched everywhere jus figured id ask here cuz i know a few guys on here have integras, lol

Ive seen it in a couple suvs but not a car. your gonna have to make a custom bracket for it and mount it by the other alt. you'll also need a new belt. make sure you have everything perfect before you try to drive around with it. a slipped belt or wobbly pulley = blown engine

yea for real man, theres not a great lot of room on these integras, and im thinking if i go off of the other alternator bracket i should be inline pretty good im hoping, itll take some time for sure to get everything on right and even.

usually going by the other alt is the best idea but if theres not room, try the same spot on the other side of engine. you should be able to make an almost identical mount, just opposite.

just go slow and remeasure everything so you have it spot on. Ive seen many an engine rebuild go wrong when it comes to the pulley system

nice try smart ass, there's not one listing on the first page that actually has anything to do with what he wants, hence why he's asking it here.
As for the OP sorry idk. Are you planning on mounting it in the A/C spot or making a new place?
Vague questions get vague answers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

What do you need help with? Finding/Fabricating a bracket? Please be more specific when you ask questions.

You have to remove the A/C. It's the only way it's gonna fit. Then you can modify that bracket to fit the alternator.

mainly i was asking to see if anyone on here had put dual alts on an integra, but im pretty sure i can do it myself, im pretty decent in fabricating

yea, ive considered at also, theres like alot of room beside and kinda below the stock alt. might could squeeze another, its like at the bottom right of the engine tho, i beleive i can get one there

I know with my truck, there's lots of room. If I move the alternator a few inches out, I can fit another one up top in between the stock alt and the A/C pump.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.