dual 4 ohm voice coil

I dont think Im making my point across...

my JL 1000/1 died on me..so Im using my Lanzar Vibe 286

its a 2 channel amplifier thats 2 ohm stable..

I have 2 subwoofers that have dual 4 ohm coils...I was going to wire them so they present a 4 ohm load to my amplifier. the question was..AFTER wiring them to 4 ohm, can I bridge them both so they run a 2 ohm load to my amp? sorry if I sound stupid, its late, im stoned, and im ready to get this figured out.

like this.
2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

now can it be bridged to my amplifier to present a 2 ohm load?

if it is a 2 channel amp then you can wire each subwoofer for a 2ohm load and send it to the amp. so you have sub (a) wired to 2 ohms as show above and you have sub (b) wired to 2ohms. each woofer then is wired to one channel of the amp.

You're not going to be able to wire two 4ohm DVC subs to single 2 ohms load at the amp.

It's either:

1.) wire each sub in parallel, then to each other in parallel for a 1 ohms load at the amp.

2.) wire each sub in parallel, then to each other in series for a 4 ohms load at the amp.

3.) wire each sub in series, then to each other in series for a 16 ohms load at the amp.

4.) wire each sub in series, then to each other in parallel for a 4 ohm load at the amp.

What is the RMS output of your amp?

1.) Each channel (unbridged) at 2 Ohms.

2.) Bridged at 4 Ohms.

3.) Bridged at 2 Ohms.

You already have the answer but you dont want to listen. What is "bridging the subwoofers"?

You have two dual 4 ohm drivers. Wire each to give you a 2 ohm load and hook each to ONE channel of the amplifier. PROBLEM SOLVED.

You already have the answer but you dont want to listen. What is "bridging the subwoofers"?
You have two dual 4 ohm drivers. Wire each to give you a 2 ohm load and hook each to ONE channel of the amplifier. PROBLEM SOLVED.
YES! exactly what i said this guy is a effing tard! /end of thread

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.