Dual 15s in a sedan?

Hey guys just wondering if id be able to fit two IDMAX 15s in my sedan and wether or not its common for people to throw 15s in a sedan. Its a Lancer ralliart to be precise. Been looking into it and these things seem huge along with the ported box so im not sure if itd work or if id have to drop em down to 12s. Too lazy and dumb to figure out all the dimensions so hopefully someone here will be able to chime in. Thanks

Hey guys just wondering if id be able to fit two IDMAX 15s in my sedan and wether or not its common for people to throw 15s in a sedan. Its a Lancer ralliart to be precise. Been looking into it and these things seem huge along with the ported box so im not sure if itd work or if id have to drop em down to 12s. Too lazy and dumb to figure out all the dimensions so hopefully someone here will be able to chime in. Thanks
Not gona work unless u do a ib setup...you would need 6 cubes after sub and port displacment optimally..highly doubt a lancer has that room as my impala barely does

It's hard to do 2 15's in a trunk car in anything but sealed applications.

What most people do these days is throw a single high power handling sub in the biggest ported or 4th order bandpass box they can fit in the trunk and let it bang.

What's your intent with 2 15's? sound quality? SPL? etc???

Dang alright seems like id have my work cut out for me eh? My intention would be SQ while able to get loud and deep. Need something that hits low. Prob just gonna end up droppin down to 12s. Would you guys suggest an IDQ vs IDMAX for my intentions? Still a noob at this stuff lol

Edit: You know what after researching a bit further IB setups have really caught my eye. Im far more of an SQ lover plus id like some room in the trunk so it seems this would be a very viable option. Thanks for the suggestion

I have two 8s in my trunk and I could not fathom two 15s in there. It's an evo. Eventually I might go up to a single 12 or 15 but that'd be down the line some time. I'm interested in what you end up doing!

53c1514470d92e2225c678c016ad4502.jpg

I've since built a new floor and added another amp under the floor. That box don't wiggle one bit and you should see me do the "I'm gonna squeeze this fat ***** in the trunk" dance.

I bet if u do subs up and port back you can fit 2 15s in some trunks. Really depends on what car u have. Might have to build it in the trunk. Anything can be done if u put forth effect to make it happen.

How wide is the trunk?

You definitely aren't fitting a dual 15 box though the opening of the trunk.

You could probably fit it in there if you assemble everything inside the trunk.

You could probably fit it in there if you assemble everything inside the trunk.
what if you need to get to your spare tire and stuff? What if your amp is mounted on the back wall behind the seat in the trunk and you need to get to it?

Now you gotta destroy your box.

I bet if u do subs up and port back you can fit 2 15s in some trunks.
best way to find out is build cardboard boxes for the subs you plan on buying to see if they fit. For most people even with full sized trunk cars, they would need 2 15's with high power handling and super low QTS to put them in tiny ported boxes and then give them 2000+wrms. Hoffmans Iron Law is in full effect.

Unlike those SUV fuckers. I'm so jealous. All they need is like 6-8cubes with a meager 1000wrms and they can collapse buildings. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.