dual 12s, trans am ported box build *PICS*

thing is, i dont have the depth. i've got like 19 inches tops from the front of the box, to where the rear of the ports will hit the subs.

how much longer would they need to be? about the only way i could get more length would be to angle the ports downward to follow the box. i'd probably have to fiberglass for something like that, to keep a smooth surface inside the ports.

anything else i could do to minimize the port noise? i did change my mind about aiming them at my head, was going to try and put them right in the middle, side by side.

i think i'm just going to build it as a sealed box until i figure out exactly what to do about the ports, and leave the front section just screwed down.

i built a sealed box, 2.6 cubic ft net. it was loud, but i wanted louder, didnt really want to buy new subs.

plus i was kind of bored, hadn't really done any projects in a while.

heres a couple pics of the sealed box if anyones interested and hasn't seen it.

dont dis the filler putty, i did this whole box with a circular saw and jigsaw, and was my first solo box build. i practiced a bit on the table saw before starting this ported box, and i'm quite a bit more accurate with the cuts than i was when i did this box.

dcfc0022large4zt.jpg

dcfc0023large0vi.jpg

i did a lot of procrastinating today, started on a second 4'x8' mdf sheet, really only cut 3 or 4 pieces, drilled the holes for the angled piece (easier said than done) and countersunk most of the holes. had to run to sears, got a new tablesaw blade, old one was over 20 years old and kept binding up, a router, circle jig, and a few bits.

heres the pics of what i got done yesterday, took these before i started today, it was getting dark again when i finished up todays work, but i'll get some more tomorrow. my camera takes shitty pictures once the sun starts going down.

this is most of what i'm using, other than the router.

dcfc0072large7ln.jpg

heres the tablesaw, thing's older than i am, seriously. i'm 23, i believe its about 25.

dcfc0071large3jj.jpg

closeup of my first angled cut, didnt bind up too bad actually, this is with the old blade. theres no gap, just looks like it because the one piece is recessed about 1/16th inch.

dcfc0070large1ui.jpg

these 2 are the box as it looked this morning. yes thats putty filler, my stoner ass drilled the holes in the wrong piece.

dcfc0067large6yb.jpg

dcfc0068large6nk.jpg

just putting up the pics from the other day, been working so i havent gotten anymore done on it, other than the small 2 inch piece to finish it up as a sealed box.

still have to glue most of it, silicone it, finish countersinking, and cut the holes for the ports and woofers.

no beats, but i got new meats kumho 285/40/17's :nod:

pardon my dirty *** car. those pipes are actually chrome under all that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

note the burned rubber chunks on the fender behind the tires //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

dcfc0120large8ln.jpg

dcfc0124large0gf.jpg

dcfc0122large6va.jpg

no more binding with the new blade, should have gotten it before i started :idiot:

dcfc0118large7rb.jpg

unrelated, but what the hell. bout a year ago, before i had the ss wheels.

car46bs.jpg

car57jd.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.