Dual 10" sub build in floor of trunk in replace of spare tire

Participant count
  • Participant list
So im looking to rebuild the floor of my trunk and have two 10" subs, amp and capacitor installed in the floor of the trunk but I need help/ideas for how I would be able to really build it as in framing.

I own a 2005 mazda 3 hatchback and im looking to hopefully have two 10" subs amp and capacitor installed in the floor and put plexiglass overtop with red led strips to light up on a switch. I will be making all of this as a project for school but Im looking for some help to how i could frame it underneath so it doesn't bow in or break from the subs pounding.

I have been looking at 5/8 mdf wood and have ordered a 2000watt amp, two 10" pioneer subs and a 1.5farade capacitor. Connecting isnt the hard part its getting a frame to hold sub floor up and not have any issues of it breaking collapsing etc..

So im looking to rebuild the floor of my trunk and have two 10" subs, amp and capacitor installed in the floor of the trunk but I need help/ideas for how I would be able to really build it as in framing.
I own a 2005 mazda 3 hatchback and im looking to hopefully have two 10" subs amp and capacitor installed in the floor and put plexiglass overtop with red led strips to light up on a switch. I will be making all of this as a project for school but Im looking for some help to how i could frame it underneath so it doesn't bow in or break from the subs pounding.

I have been looking at 5/8 mdf wood and have ordered a 2000watt amp, two 10" pioneer subs and a 1.5farade capacitor. Connecting isnt the hard part its getting a frame to hold sub floor up and not have any issues of it breaking collapsing etc..
Fiberglass the area where the subs will be. Use lots of layers of resin and mat to make it very strong. Or use a sheet of mdf mixed with resin and mat to make this base. Look up how to make a fiberglass trunk sub box if you are unsure how thick to make it. Then look up how to attach a mdf or plexiglass baffle to a fiberglass box. I'd use 3/4" mdf if you are worried about things breaking.

Just do lots of fiberglass research and you'll be good to go! This type of build has been done many many times so just do some searching //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'll take care of the first search for you. This build thread should help you a lot and it is nice and short and to the point to get you going.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/616696-2006-evo-9-build.html

Good luck!

Thank you, sorry for the late reply was on vacation but i will forsure look more into fiberglass now, took a quick look at the link you posted and I like the look of it and would make my project a bit easier that way thankyoy very much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.