Drop to smaller amp?

AnthonyO
10+ year member

Budget Banger Connoisseur
Alright, just something i have been pondering. I am pretty set on getting an Obsidian 15 version 2. And right now i have a Soundstream Rubicon 2500.1d. Kind of an overkill for that sub. For Christmas i received an MB Quart ONX4.60 amp for my mids and highs. Been thinking about putting my Rubicon up for sale or trade for an MB Quart ONX1.1000.

Alright, just something i have been pondering. I am pretty set on getting an Obsidian 15 version 2. And right now i have a Soundstream Rubicon 2500.1d. Kind of an overkill for that sub. For Christmas i received an MB Quart ONX4.60 amp for my mids and highs. Been thinking about putting my Rubicon up for sale or trade for an MB Quart ONX1.1000.
I'm assuming you mean smaller in size? If so, why not a PPI Phantom P1000.1 or one of the AB VFL mini hybrids? If you can handle 600RMS@2ohms, the Boston GT2125s are 13inches long and A/B power...plus only 110 plus shipping at SE.

I'm assuming you mean smaller in size? If so, why not a PPI Phantom P1000.1 or one of the AB VFL mini hybrids? If you can handle 600RMS@2ohms, the Boston GT2125s are 13inches long and A/B power...plus only 110 plus shipping at SE.
Yes...And the only reason i was looking at the MB Quart was to have matching amps.

Yes...And the only reason i was looking at the MB Quart was to have matching amps.
As long as you realize the Onyx isn't really going to do 1k, you could go with the matching concept. I'm anxious to see what this Boston can chug out. There's also the GT2200 which IIRC does 900W@2ohms bridged, but it's a little longer. Worst case, if you upgrade later, you've got a rock solid 2-channel.

As long as you realize the Onyx isn't really going to do 1k, you could go with the matching concept. I'm anxious to see what this Boston can chug out. There's also the GT2200 which IIRC does 900W@2ohms bridged, but it's a little longer. Worst case, if you upgrade later, you've got a rock solid 2-channel.

From what I have read, The ONX1.1000d actually does rated

A buddy of mine had one, he said it clamped at 97x so not 1k but legit enough i guess. Im big on having matching amps and door speakers. I hate having one style in the front and another in the back. But back on topic, why not sell the 2500? Im sure you can get more than 130 for it, hell if that mb quart amp is what you want, I might buy it when I get my taxes and trade if you are interested.

A buddy of mine had one, he said it clamped at 97x so not 1k but legit enough i guess. Im big on having matching amps and door speakers. I hate having one style in the front and another in the back. But back on topic, why not sell the 2500? Im sure you can get more than 130 for it, hell if that mb quart amp is what you want, I might buy it when I get my taxes and trade if you are interested.

Well I wouldn't trade straight across...lol

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Just get another sub and be done lol
No room for more subs. I already have an enclosure that was built for an Obsidian 15.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.