DP 12" in a Regular cab Dodge

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well, I finally got around to taking pictures. I'm a senior at my school, so pretty much I have free reign over the wood shop. Haha. I got started about a week ago on this box, but just kept forgetting to take pictures along the way, and luckily after talking to Nick at IA I remembered to bring my camera to school today. So far the box has 7 layers of glass (with a layer of fleece coated in resin on both sides), and I have yet to figure up exact specs, but I'm estimating around 2.5 cubes with a 6" aero that will be tuned to probably 34 hz. The original box I had in my truck was built by me a little over a year ago, and housed a Fi Bl 12. But it had a 3" aero and was severly choking the DP, but the DP was still a lot louder than the BL, even though the DP isn't even broken in yet. Hopefully I'll finish up this box next week after I put a few layers of bondo on it and get it all smooth and purdy. After it's all said and done, it will be painted gloss white, with a nice clear coat on it to keep it protected.

Here's some specs on my truck:

Headunit: Pioneer Premier 690

Door Speakers: Rockford Power series 6x9's

Kickpanel speakers: Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's

Mids amp: Powerbass ASA 400.4

Sub amp: Powerbass ASA 1500.1

Sub: Incriminator Audio DP 12 D2

Wire: All 1/0 welding cable

Electrical: 2 Batteries up front in the engine bay with Big 3 going to be ran later

Anyway, I'm probably missing something or leaving something out so if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to ask....

On to the Pics!!!!

Old box I made a year ago

P1220763.jpg

PB170096.jpg

New box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

P1220765.jpg

P1220767.jpg

P1220770.jpg

P1220771.jpg

New DP compared to the BL which I thought was hella big at the time I got it. Lol

PC280759.jpg

PC280760.jpg

Wow. Quite a difference. And btw nice aeroport. That look like a big one too.
If your making a comment about the desing being basically like the old box, that's because that is the best design to get the most air space out of the back of my seats while still being able to use the center console. And it's a 6" aero. I love the size of it. Haha.

If your making a comment about the desing being basically like the old box, that's because that is the best design to get the most air space out of the back of my seats while still being able to use the center console. And it's a 6" aero. I love the size of it. Haha.
I was talking about the size of the subs.

I was talking about the size of the subs.
Ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Haha. And yes, it was a lot bigger than I thought when I first got it. The BL weighs 34 lbs, while the DP weighs 65 lbs. It's a b i t c h to get into position when trying to place the speaker ring in the right spot with that big s.o.b. in it. Lol.

The DP's are hella sweet I have 1 18" right now and adding another 18" soon so 2 in my chevy 2500 4 door running off a sound stream xxx-6500.. Good luck on your build..
Hey what part of Orlando are we in????? Just noticed you may be local to me. and of course Nice enclosure!

Ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Haha. And yes, it was a lot bigger than I thought when I first got it. The BL weighs 34 lbs, while the DP weighs 65 lbs. It's a b i t c h to get into position when trying to place the speaker ring in the right spot with that big s.o.b. in it. Lol.
This should be quite loud.

Forgot to mention earlier. The highest I ever managed to pull was a 138 at 44 hz with the Bl running on 750 watts (running at 2 ohms). So I can't wait to get this thing metered in the spring. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Oh.... I would also like to get some ideas for what to do with the amps. I was planning on stacking them one on top the other ( having the 1500 on bottom slanted out at the bottom with the 400.4 on top at the top of the box also slanted outward to match the 1500). But if anyone else has ideas, I've got the kickass woodshop and extra fiberglass so I'm open to ANY ideas. Haha.

Nice enclosure. Those DP subs are sick! What are you going to finish the enclosure in/with?
Auto body filler. Some off brand stuff that looks like evercoat and it freaking awesome to apply. I'll probably put 3 layers of that on and sand between layers. I'll finish off with 300 or 400 grit. Then paint it gloss white to match my truck.

And here's a picture of my truck. I'll get shot underneath the hood tomorrow after school of my dual battery setup. It's pretty cool that since dodge used the same body style for their 1/2 tons and 3/4 - 1 tons, and since all cummins trucks had dual batteries, I just snagged a right side battery box from a wrecked cummins, so it all looks stock.

P4080034-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.