Box build for Avalanche, replaces rear wall

Fiercetimbo17
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
dallas
So I built 2 small sealed boxed for a local guy a month or so ago for his new avalanche, installed 2 p3 shallows and he was happy for the time being, however he got the upgrade bug.

Decided he wanted to go with some w3's so I convinced him to let me build a box the replace the removable wall.

So here it is, I did not get alot of pictures because i only had a couple hours to do it, (woke up late as shiz again) so only remembered while i was spray painting the back. I wanted to do it in bedliner but he did not want to pay the extra $20 and i did not want to do it bad enough to do it for free.

The back that will be inside the bed all primed to seal and then halfass spray painted.

If you ever need to spray paint a large area i suggest one of these, they are like 4 bucks and keep you from killing your finger and getting paint all over it.

DSC02684.jpg

paint did not come out as nice as i would have liked but o well, it was very windy and this is 99 cent spray paint.

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

The front baffle is a cutout of the wall it replaces, flush mounts the subs.

Box is 2.87 tuned to 32hz, ports are rounded and everything just no pictures.

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

The blocks are for mounting of the box to the factory locations.

Ill snap some pics of it installed, should look pretty sweet.

Looking forward to seeing it installed gotta love that the avalanche has the "factory blow through option" lol

nice build!

Some pointers. Im willing to bet that tonneau leaks (they warp with barely any weight on them, mine warped from having sitting snow on th em). Cover the back of that box in a shitload of primer and some form of high gloss paint, or bedliner or something.

does the gate want to rattle at all at the gate latches from the driver excursion, or is it pretty snug?

I did a light coat of primer, with mdf you need alot more than a light coat. He said he cargo cover doesnt leak but i told him to check it next time it rains and if its leaking were going to need to seal it with some bedliner and he agreed, so we will see what happens.

I did a light coat of primer, with mdf you need alot more than a light coat. He said he cargo cover doesnt leak but i told him to check it next time it rains and if its leaking were going to need to seal it with some bedliner and he agreed, so we will see what happens.
it does and will leak

i used rubberized undercoating on my box. i never finished the install though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

it does and will leaki used rubberized undercoating on my box. i never finished the install though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

it does and will leaki used rubberized undercoating on my box. i never finished the install though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Thanks for the info, im going to call him and have him come by and pour some water on it and show him it leaks then.

Where do you get bed liner from? I can get it at autozone for $35 a can but like i said he doesnt wanna spend the extra money. How about flekstone?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.