DP 12" in a Regular cab Dodge

The box and the build in general is really nice, but... in this pic it looks like you have a lot of water coming through where the bolts come through the body of the truck. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/bigbud747/PB170096.jpg
Then stains were there when I got the truck. If you've looked in a dodge like mine you would notice there is a huge cargo tray on the floor. There are drainage holes in the tray, and I assume that the previous owner spilled something in the tray, which leaked on the floor. There is no possible way that something leaked from the outside in, because this truck is sealed tighter than a 12 year old. Haha.

Well... I got some work done today on the box. After putting a layer of filler on first hour, I went back 7th hour and sanded it all. Now it's SOOO smooth, but I know I can get it smoother. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Haha. While I was waiting for the filler to dry I made my amp rack. It turned out nicer than i thought. I've got the sub amp on the bottom (in pics), and the mids amp will be on top ( I didn't have it for the picture because it's still in my truck supplying music for me. Lol). I also got a few pics of under my hood and the stinger volt meter I installed a couple days ago.

Enjoy.

P1230779.jpg

P1230780.jpg

P1230781.jpg

P1230783.jpg

P1230785.jpg

P1230775.jpg

P1230776.jpg

P1230774.jpg

Thanks. I've been in wood shop for the past 4 years, so I've been pretty successful at woodworking. Haha. My sophomore year I built a roll top desk. I am the second person ever to build one from our school...My brother was the first. Lol. It took 11 weeks to build, which is actually a lot faster than I thought i was gonna build it in. And we got a CNC router machine last year, and right now I am teaching the teacher how to run it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Here's a picture of my desk if anyone is interested.

desk.jpg

And a picture of the CNC machine.

P3120183.jpg

whats a CNC machine do?
It's basically a router on 3 axis's that is operated by a computer. First you draw something up (and you can make literally anything you want) on the CNC drawing program. Then you just get the router into position and set at a (0,0) point and hit start. It will cut everything from a perfect circle, to cutting out square pieces of wood, to carving plaques (I made the Wendy's sign last year, so I'll have to get a picture and post it up). But...... it's $15,000, so you better have a good excuse to buy one. Lol.

can we all say nice desk? Haven't used filler yet, but, seems like it works pretty well.
Haha. Thanks. The school tech people put a slide together that went on the school channel (a channel on local cable that everyone can see). A lot of people liked it and couldn't believe a sophomore could do such a thing. Lol.

And I know a lot of people who hate Bondo products, but it's always works fine for me so I'm sticking with it. I should have it completely sanded and ready for paint by wednesday, and installed in my truck by the weekend. I'm hoping it's a little louder than it was, but by the way other people have been talking on this forum and other forums, it should be substantially louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif We'll just have to see.

nice cnc router. we have a milling cnc at school right now but my teacher really wants a cnc router.
Well, this technically is a CNC router, but it can also mill stock down. So I just call it a CNC machine. Haha. It's the best investment I think our school has ever made, even though I'm the only person that knows how to run it, the teacher is half ass learning how to run it, and I'm a senior so I'll be gone it a few short months. Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.