Downfiring subs with upfiring slot ports

dinkaTHEdon
10+ year member

e2a6888bda457a7ce395182ffcd9ba05b3a794936c337ffe7d4829c58a72f3ee6g.jpg

excuse the sh!tty drawing, but I don't know how to use sketch or whatever, this is a 1.2 ft3 box, dimensions are from bottom to top 10, side to side 48.5, front to back 6 inches. These subs are downfiring, so how would I make a slot port going topside, a drawing would be very helpful even a simple one in paint or something, but I'm confused on where the port should be located.

May I ask, why you decided to go with this sub/port orientation? Also, where is the box going to be mounted?

2001 Toyota Tacoma single cab, behind the seat. I Decided to go with this so I can hear the bass more as oppose to feel it beating up my spine, at least thats what I hope to achieve.

e2a6888bda457a7ce395182ffcd9ba05b3a794936c337ffe7d4829c58a72f3ee6g.jpg

excuse the sh!tty drawing, but I don't know how to use sketch or whatever, this is a 1.2 ft3 box, dimensions are from bottom to top 10, side to side 48.5, front to back 6 inches. These subs are downfiring, so how would I make a slot port going topside, a drawing would be very helpful even a simple one in paint or something, but I'm confused on where the port should be located.
what are you planning to use for subs in the 6" width you describe? ..4"?...that would be a lot of airspace for such a small driver.

i already have my woofers, 8'' american bass xd-8 dual 4 ohm. so if I fire the ports up with the subs facing forward, would I have to use the aero ports or could I just do a slot port?

If it were me, I would mount the subs next to each other on the passenger side and slot port the driver's side with the port at the bottom of the box firing into the corner of the cab. Subs forward, port to the side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.