Double Din Android - Detachable Face

Participant count
  • Participant list

KYZAAC

I want to get a Double Din Deck for my car, but I have no clue about any of this stuff. I've seen these on eBay and seem pretty interesting. I like the detachable face tablet part. DVD Player/GPS Bluetooth Phone book etc. I like playing to technically stuff so the more options the better, but I don't want junk.

Here is the first one I have seen with a detachable face. Is there any quality name brands that make these? Everything seems way to cool to be true, did anyone have a chance to try any out? I was talking to one guy and his only complaint was the touch screen was not the best.

Any input you could offer would be great or even any other units you would recommend? I'm brand new to this stuff.

ebay.com/itm/XTRONS-TD718A-2-DIN-Car-GPS-NAV-SAT-DVD-Player-7-HD-Android-Tablet-3G-WiFi-HDMI-/111004730817?pt=US_Video_In_Dash_Units_w_GPS&hash=item19d865c5c1

Not worth the hassle. IMO make your own with a ipad or nexus7. If you are going to get a HU get a reputable one you will save the time money of pulling the dash if it has any issues.

Yea, I don't trust those hong kong sites, Usually turn out disappointed from what I hear.

Make my own? How would I do that? I didn't even know you could. Could you give me a general idea?

Do you mean buy a good Head Unit and make something up so an iPad etc connects to that head unit? or just buy a Head Unit and an iPad and use them separate?

Whats a good non android unit in the $400 price range? I'd like some opinions before I end up in futureshop and get ripped off. What kind of options are available these days? I want something that won't be completely outdated in a year

Few things i'd like are

Touch Screen, Remote, GPS/DVD player, DIVX USB playback, iPhone hookup, Bluetooth with hand free talking, and phone book capabilities. My friend has uconnect in his truck, so whenever he gets in his truck his phone automatically pairs and calls automatically come to the head unit. I don't know what other options to look for. Is there anything with Internet options that can connect to your phones 3G like YouTube or anything besides getting the android. Any other options you would recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.