Double Din Active capable HU??

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
I have asked and gotten some responses, but i cant find that thread any more. I currently use the alpine 9835 (i think) with super awesome xovers and such. I love it, but it skips some considering its age.

I think i may be getting a CRV and im pertty sure a nice double din would look sweet. What are some double din active capable HUs? I dont care much about what else it has i just want to be able to tune and xover my system where i would like. I dont expect the have the same capabilities as what i have now, but somewhere close.

Yeah, I am making money this summer, and even though i am not sure if i am willing to work out an arm and a leg, i would like to look at the price and specs.

I could be wrong as I haven't checked out any of the new stuff in a while, but I don't believe there are any DD active HU's.

ummm i think pioneer/premier do a double dim with almost the same features as the deh88prs i think is it
pioneer has a x920bt with hpf and lpf, sub gain controls and 7 band EQ built in or you can try to find a x910bt which is last years model for much less. oh and the x710bt is the same as the 910 with no dvd player hope this helps

An external active crossover will be much more flexible than ones that come in a headunit, not to mention you won't have to worry about buddies messing with buttons and all the sudden you're sending bass to your tweeters and burn them out.

What's wrong with the crossovers on 95% of the amplifiers? If you're really trying to play with the pure SQ bigdogs then you'll need a 31-band 1/3 octave equalizers for each channel and a Real Time Analyzer to flatten out the frequency response, which means you'll need SIX of them and they're not cheap at all.

I've read your posts regarding your plans and is this what you're trying to accomplish?

untitled-1.jpg

If so then to be honest it is MUCH, much easier to just have the headunit output full-range preamp to all the amps then use the crossover on the amps to suit the speakers. You won't notice a difference if the crossover is done in the headunit or the amplifier.

He's after the same thing I use my 9833 for.

Conplete control from the dash board. A lot of amps don't have crossovers with a highpass that works for tweeters anyways.

And no, no DD has active. Use the 505 with a processor.

Well mine has HPF and sub output which you can set cut-off freq (lower for sub out and higher for front & rears), 8 band EQ, bass boost for sub out, loudness (low, mid and high setting), sonic center control.

Thanks for all the information. Some of it helps. I know that I CAN use external processors and I may have to if i decide to go with a double din. The crossovers on the HU i have now are probably better than most any amplifier i would imagine......

As for the diagram Wingman, that is basically it, except i run a 5 channel to keep the install simple and clean.

This crossover is: 20Hz to 20kHz (in 1/3 octave steps) for each front HP, mid HP & LP, low LP all at the touch of my finger from up front.

The time alignment is superb again, at the touch of my finger.

The equalization isnt as good as something external, but I am not good enough to adjust those anyways. I leave it flat for the most part.

Best part about it is it cost ~$90shipped and doesnt take up any more space than a regular HU meaning installation is simple and clean.

Like i said, I love this HU besides the skipping and it not being satellite radio ready. I am just looking into the double dins because they look cooler to me.

My main objectives for my system are:

1.) Clean, Smooth, Realistic, Natural, Flat sound

2.) Simple install

3.) Clean look

I should be getting the new ride here in a couple of weeks. Ill show the final product or take pics of the build while i do it. Like I said it will be simple, but also clean. I have the HU, 5ch, and sub in my crap work truck for the time being, but its not worthy of any kind of pictures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.