Double check box volume please

naiku
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Virginia
Can someone help me calculating the volume of a wedge box, its a wedge like this (ignore the dots):

.......... -------

.......... /..........\

.......... /..............\

.......... /..................\

........../......................\

.......... -------------------

This is the side view, the top is 6", bottom is 10" and its 18" wide. The angles on the front and back need to be equal. I think this works out to somewhere around 0.5cf (which is what I am trying to achieve, but I am not certain and want to double check before I decide to start cutting any wood. Its to house a sealed 10" 11Kv.2, mounting depth is 5" I have been searching around online, but can't find a calculator that accepts this shape (and the only ones I can find ask for a partial height, which I have no idea what that is or how to get it)

Thanks.

Edit: So the picture looks like crap, but hopefully someone can get an idea of what I am talking about.

Thanks both, those dimensions will be external. So sounds like I am just about right for the box size //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Now to just get on and put it together! Thanks again.

(Top depth + bottom depth) / 2. That's the rectangular prism equivalent.

Height x Width x Length (Subtracting 1.5 from each measurement for wood thickness)

Minus sub displacement.

I don't see the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.