door panels test fit, not snapping into place

Participant count
  • Participant list

knotdrummer88
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
In my jeep cherokee just now I went to test fit the door panels, with just the wooden speaker rings screwed into the door panel(no fiberglass). I put the snaps into their spots on the door panel and they going into their respective holes in the door....they just dont stay. So the bottom of the door where the speakers will be the panel wont sit flush on the door they just kinda hang off. Any help?

In my jeep cherokee just now I went to test fit the door panels, with just the wooden speaker rings screwed into the door panel(no fiberglass). I put the snaps into their spots on the door panel and they going into their respective holes in the door....they just dont stay. So the bottom of the door where the speakers will be the panel wont sit flush on the door they just kinda hang off. Any help?
had similar issue just went to local autoparts place and bought new plastic and metal clips , problem solved

Your door panels naturally flex when they clip in, they're not as flat as you would think. If the idea above me doesn't work I'd get some self tapping screws and just screw it down and see what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.